Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is anyone else enjoying the Sh storm in Philly

dockeryfan

Angelo Cataldi is a moron on the radio in WIP.

angelocataldi.jpg

He is the one who organized the trash man and 30 other morons to go to draft day and get R. Williams. WHen the Eagles picked McNabb, they booed. Geniuses. Booing McNabb, easily the best QB in Eagles history.

Here is the trash man himself. The face of the dirty 30, lol. What a tool. This idiot has actually been paid appearance fees I think.

idiotshoulderpadgoof.jpg

So theey're getting the band back together, dude. Marching down Pattison Ave on Sun. Convening at the Spectrum at 2:30. All to boo McNabb, the Eagle team all-time leader in career wins, pass attempts, pass completions, passing yards, and passing touchdowns.

If you are going to the game, you absolutely have to witness these idiots and their ringleader Cataldi. No nothing Cataldi, ringleader of fools.

Kolb on the sideline witnessing the vick run Eagles. Over under on the shots of him on the sideline? 4? How about a split screen with Him and McNabb? Or even better McNabb/Vick/Klob? I gave my prediction in the other thread. I think the Eagles are still better and will win. But I thought that about Dallas and the skins managed a win. Prove me wrong skins.

Either way, the carnival in Philly has been fun to watch. Not as much as Hugh Douglas fighting in the elevator, or TO in a discovery channel jersey, but still fun.

Let me get this straight. You readily admit that a radio show personalty and 30 guys are a bunch of tools yet you believe this creates a carnival atmosphere for the team? Last week in Jax, every sideline shot you seen of Kolb was him cheering wildly for the offense.

Man, what a swing and a miss, dock.

Let me get this straight. You readily admit that a radio show personalty and 30 guys are a bunch of tools yet you believe this creates a carnival atmosphere for the team? Last week in Jax, every sideline shot you seen of Kolb was him cheering wildly for the offense.

Swing and a miss to see the Eagles have their replacement for McNabb look horrible for a half, then not get the job back when he's healthy?

Or to see a bunch of idiots in Philly, including shoulderpad sean march down Pattison Ave?

No. Solid contact.

Well, dock, you likening Shoulder Pad Sean and his brand of idiots a Sh Storm is like me taking a look at the DTC and saying the Redskins are having a Sh storm.

On the point on Kolb, if Vick sucked and there was a legitimate QB controversy, you'd have a point. However, the only storm is in the minds of people like you.

No one in Philly is talking about the two issues you brought up. It's a sidebar. You are acting like it's a story.

Vick is a story; but it is for his stunning comeback. No one gives a **** about Kolb anymore. That was a week 2-3 story. Everyone has moved on.

Except you.

No one gives a **** about Kolb anymore. That was a week 2-3 story. Everyone has moved on.

So I guess Andy Reid still proclaiming him the quarterback of the future was just to throw everyone else off the trail? Get real. The FIRST time Vick shows any signs of struggling, the boo birds will come out of hiding and Reid will kowtow to the fans and put Kolb in, and someone will say something and the controversy will ignite.

I'd say Kolb is pretty much a swing and a miss, wouldn't you, WB?

Then again, you did a lot of hating on Vick, and look where you are today...so much slobbering...you need to get a napkin.

I'd say Kolb is pretty much a swing and a miss, wouldn't you, WB?

Then again, you did a lot of hating on Vick, and look where you are today...so much slobbering...you need to get a napkin.

And when Vick starts sucking, he'll go back to hating and say something on the order of "I knew it all along"

I have not praised Vick. He is my least favorite player in the NFL. How many times do I have to say the same thing.

I am glad the Eagles are winning because he is playing out of his mind.

I don't expect that to happen all season. I wish we would have went back to Kolb.

There, it is on the record so you guys don't make up some revisionist history later.

On the point on Kolb, if Vick sucked and there was a legitimate QB controversy, you'd have a point.

And when Vick starts sucking, he'll go back to hating and say something on the order of "I knew it all along"

Ain't it the truth.

Typical Westbrook. Likes his cake and eat it too.

He'll make a thread praising the Eagles, even though "his least favorite player in the NFL" is the QB. He'll tell us that Kolb should be starting because he'd rather lose with Klobb than win with Vick. But he'll still make the threads crowing about the wins. When they start losing, he'll say I told you so.

There is no revisionist history. You are crowing about Vick. The guy you supposedly hate so much.

dock, I want to see my team win; Vick is a member of the team. There is nothing I can do about it. If Vick starts to suck, I won't say I told you so because everyone knows my thoughts on him. If we win with him, I'll be happy. Kind of like how everyone in The Stadium hates AH but would cheer to high heaven if he was a difference maker this year.

I have been simply responding to your incorrect assertion that there is a **** storm in Philly right now. It is only in your mind. There is no QB controversy. No one cares about the Dirty 30 marching down Broad street.

What you want to happen does not equal what is happening.

Kind of like how everyone in The Stadium hates AH but would cheer to high heaven if he was a difference maker this year.

I believe not wanting to play nose tackle and electrocuting dogs and serving time is a bit different in terms of importance.

That our franchise chooses to sit a guy with a poor attitude and your organization decides to start a convicted felon - for perpetrating a disgusting and vile operation (in the most visible position on your team), should preclude you from making ANY comparisons of this nature.

I have deliberately avoided posting here during the week because it would just aggravate me, but I'll speak my mind in one post and then move on.

I don't care what the national media perpetuates regarding Philadelphia. They have been so lazily pushing the same stereotypical Eagles storyline for years that I am numb to it at this point. Yes Eagles fans booed Santa Claus (in 1967--literally). Yes there were 30 people who booed McNabb at the draft (like Simms and countless others have been booed before). Yes Philly fans have done a whole variety of stupid **** in the course of our existence. I can argue that the rate of idiotic behavior is only marginally higher, if at all, in Philadelphia than any other passionate North/Northeastern city, and that the only reason people can bring out Philly 'incidents' is because it's documented EVERY time something happens whereas in other cities things are mentioned and then forgotten, but there would be no point, because people already have their minds made up regarding the city and its fans, and that is their right.

What I will say has angered me this week is this ridiculous revisionist history that somehow is stating how poorly McNabb was treated in Philadelphia during his career. McNabb was loved by the VAST majority of fans during his time as an Eagle. If you don't believe me, check out the vote throughout the fanbase the Eagles conducted 2 years ago to see who fans thought was the best player at each position. McNabb destroyed Cunningham and Jaworski, two 'fan favorites', in the vote. Was he booed on occasion? Yes. Has every QB of a team been booed on occasion? Yes. I listen to games of teams on primetime when the home team is underperforming, and inevitably they start to boo. The commentators will make some remark about how the fans aren't happy because they're playing badly. When it happens in Philadelphia it is because of the Eagles fans and their nature.

McNabb only started to truly wear on Philly fans his last 2 years or so. No one outside of Philadelphia notices the little things that can get under your skin because you aren't privy to the day to day interactions with McNabb. He plays the victim better than anyone in sports. You can't blame your defense after the NFCC and be a 'leader'. You can't blame your "young players" after the Dallas game and be a 'leader'. You can't not know the OT rule and then blame a mysterious official for giving you poor information. The reason McNabb was respected, and liked, but never loved along the lines of someone like Dawkins or Westbrook or a few other prominent Eagles is because he never fully embraced the city and he never fully embraced his role. An actual leader of a team takes everything on his shoulders when something goes wrong, whether it's his fault or not. McNabb never did that and he was passive aggressive his entire career while deflecting blame. AND while all this was occurring McNabb was still supported in Philadelphia. You show me a real NFL city where there is a QB in place for ELEVEN years without winning the SB (and losing 3 NFCC games as the favorite) and I will show you a relationship that becomes stagnant for all parties involved. Anyone who says Washington would have been any different is lying through their teeth.

It was time for McNabb to move on. Not because he was spit on by Eagles fans and not because he wasn't liked while he was here. Sometimes, it just reaches a point where it is best to part ways. People in Philadelphia, and McNabb I believe, understood this. Are there some people who hate McNabb and hated him while he was here? Yes, but they weren't the majority and they to this day are not the majority. The majority of the fanbase still likes McNabb and treated him as well as any QB in a major NFL city is treated. He was not lambasted by most Eagles fans while he was our QB and he was not tortured and vilified and treated like a marginal insignificant QB. Anyone who is claiming that was the case is doing so because they are bad at their job and want to peddle a story that they know will sell and attract the masses, but I have come to expect nothing less when dealing with anyone in the national media.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, dock, you likening Shoulder Pad Sean and his brand of idiots a Sh Storm is like me taking a look at the DTC and saying the Redskins are having a Sh storm.

On the point on Kolb, if Vick sucked and there was a legitimate QB controversy, you'd have a point. However, the only storm is in the minds of people like you.

No one in Philly is talking about the two issues you brought up. It's a sidebar. You are acting like it's a story.

Vick is a story; but it is for his stunning comeback. No one gives a **** about Kolb anymore. That was a week 2-3 story. Everyone has moved on.

Except you.

Ouch.

I have to agree, up until this point it is a wash. McNabb has done nothing to earn praise. He is better than our last QB, but that is about it.

The problem in Philly is Kolb has struggled to a degree so far. That is on Kolb and the coaching staff for choosing him as McNabb's replacement.

Archived