Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Bring your stats out please, I have watched almost every wizards game this year and I am yet too be impressed with nick youngs "elite" defense. He is not a Shut down defender period get over it the only thing he does is score in spurts that's it.

I am the guy that is wrong about everything why because I don't agree with you?

So you're saying he has 'spurtabiliity'?

We have too many soft young guys we need hard vets that play d. Artest would start at the 3 with Wall and Crawford. We would have someone that can guard lebron, pierce, granger and who ever at the 3.

Ron Artest is not the same player you're thinking of.

He's no longer a lockdown defender.

Just ask Laker fans.

Put it this way. Wall, Young, and Crawford combine to make a pretty good back court. If you like Young or not (and I don't like him mentally because he's wildly inconsistent on effort and production) he's still a part of our strongest area at this point.

The question is how are we going to upgrade the front court?

Put it this way. Wall, Young, and Crawford combine to make a pretty good back court. If you like Young or not (and I don't like him mentally because he's wildly inconsistent on effort and production) he's still a part of our strongest area at this point.

The question is how are we going to upgrade the front court?

Through the draft and waiting until the right free agent/trade is available.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't think he fits with the lakers period as you can see production dropped dramatically. I like young as a bench player or spot up shooter but if we going too run everything through him then I'll pass. Get some more guys in here that plays hard like Seraphin but with more talent when teams play the Wizards they need too know that they been in a grind. I am so tired of having the weakest defensive team in the league.

I don't think he fits with the lakers period as you can see production dropped dramatically. I like young as a bench player or spot up shooter but if we going too run everything through him then I'll pass. Get some more guys in here that plays hard like Seraphin but with more talent when teams play the Wizards they need too know that they been in a grind. I am so tired of having the weakest defensive team in the league.

The solution is obviously to trade for old washed up has beens. Thanks Vinny.

I agree with you but Artest isn't the guy you want.

He may play hard but he's not quick enough at this stage of his career.

Personally I'd like to see upgrades in the following order:

- Coach

- GM

- Small Forward

- Power Forward

- Center

I am way too familiar with Blatche to believe in him but he's got talent and youth. McGee is someone I'd say is "likely" to improve. The only way I see either improving however is with a coach/gm combo that can bring discipline to this team. I see nothing to be hopeful about at small forward at all.

I will say I'd be thrilled to have Blatch and Crawford as off the bench scoring options but I doubt Blatche would ever accept that.

Maybe Artest is over the hill but I loved the way he used too play. It's no way around it we need too tough quickly or we will go no where fast.

Artest isn't the only tough player in the league though. trading an asset like Young for somebody who's aging and already past his prime, sets the organization back just the same. Not to mention, I don't think anybody would trust Artest to keep his head screwed on while we're in the process of the rebuild

Charlotte's playoff hopes are done if they lose this.

McGee has looked surprisingly good on the offensive end for the last few games. He's playing with a lot of confidence.

Their playoff hopes were done before this game. They are awful. Besides, the last thing they need to do is make the playoffs. They would likely get swept again. They have two #1 picks coming up. Their only hope really is to get a lottery pick. And for their sake, a high one. Paul Silas has done an outstanding job, though.

Their playoff hopes were done before this game. They are awful. Besides, the last thing they need to do is make the playoffs. They would likely get swept again. They have two #1 picks coming up. Their only hope really is to get a lottery pick. And for their sake, a high one. Paul Silas has done an outstanding job, though.

Two #1's? From who is the other one from?

---------- Post added April-3rd-2011 at 07:51 PM ----------

Blatche needs to wear a shock collar or something. He needs to be shocked everytime he does that retarded dribble dribble, fadeaway 5 ft from basketball move.

Edited by No Excuses