Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Redskins @ Jets Game Thread & Chat

ixcuincle

All in all good game our ones seemed to out play their ones their ones outplayed our twos then out twos and threes outplayed their twos and threes (sounds like algebra but I think it's accurate). How about the fact that our QB was pretty well protected and we got pressure and turnovers, something we haven't seen since greg williams. Liked the game and I think it bodes well for our season... 8-8 is my prediction.

Armstrong looks good again, Chris Wilson and Orakpo beasts. D Hall! there were some good things but a lot that still needs to be worked on. I don't find Grossman that impressive, I guess he's an ok #2. No real statements made or anything. The run blocking looks pretty suspect, and the starting D got gashed a little bit but still only gave up 3... I see a work in progress, but fairly confident with the Shanahans and Haslett leading the way.

Armstrong looks good again, Chris Wilson and Orakpo beasts. D Hall! there were some good things but a lot that still needs to be worked on. I don't find Grossman that impressive, I guess he's an ok #2. No real statements made or anything. The run blocking looks pretty suspect, and the starting D got gashed a little bit but still only gave up 3... I see a work in progress, but fairly confident with the Shanahans and Haslett leading the way.

This all seems like some things that Shanahan/Haslett can tweak before the season begins. All in all, I'd say we are shaping up to be a damn good ball club. :dallasuck

I like the way the 1st team defense played tonight. The tackling was crisper and we started to see what Haslett's schemes can do. And DeAngelo Hall was the best player on the field tonight.

Offensively Willie Parker pretty much stamped his cut ticket tonight. The starting OL was decent, not great, but it still needs time to gell.

And finally, Shanny needs to mix in some serious amounts of sunscreen from now on. His face looked redder than the burgundy Skins shirt he was wearing. :ols:

Rex Grossman has put up some big NFL games in his career, Im talking 300 yard 4 td 0 int games. Grossman could turn a lot of heads this year if the skins line plays as well as they did tonight. Come on, we all know McNabb will play 13 games at most this year. Yeah, Rex can't make plays out of nothing on his feet but he is a lot better than his reputation. I really hope this guy has the success he deserves, he is very underrated these days. You gotta root for the underdog. everyone turned against him. Is mark sanchez a better Qb than grossman in his 2005 superbowl year? very doubtfull... It's all media perception.

Archived