Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carter will start in Big D

Nerm

I figured if neither really proved they were a legit NFL starter, which inevitably they wouldn't, that Quincy would get the nod based on having mobility. There's no reason to think he couldn't put together a season equal or better than Lucas of 99. No huge surprise here.

It really hasn't even been a competition between Carter and Hutchinson. Hutchinson has shown no improvement from last season, and Parcells said today that he's not ready to lead a pro football team. He also made the analogy that he needs to work his way up from AA ball first, of course referring to his baseball days.

I don't expect either of these guys to be our future at the position, but Carter is clearly the better player at this point and offers a better chance to win. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brunell pursued if he's released as speculated, but you never know.

And I did enter camp expecting Hutch to be the better player, by the way, thinking he'd make some improvement from year 1 to year 2. But that just hasn't been the case.

Hutchinson is probably still being looked at some for the future, but he'll need to improve for any of that to come to fruition.

Originally posted by Uptown Skins

Eli Manning

You know im trying to figure out the teams that will have a worse record than Dallas this year:

Arizona - Could take Eli Manning but have so many other holes to fill.

Cleveland - they have two QB's already

Houston - Has Carr

Cincinnati - Has Palmer

Dammit you may be right. Bookmark it. Uptown has called the pick.

when all is said and done both Carter and Hutchinson will either be gone or will be confirmed as backups for Dallas. Parcells can't fix everything right away, but the Cowboys fans can look ahead to a much better starter than these two in 2004 if I know anything about Mr. Tuna :laugh:

this year is about learning and working hard to lay a foundation.

for fans that is not going to be pretty. Dallas may only match the 5-11 record of last season.

but it is quite possible this 5-11 team by the end of the year will be a lot better than last year's squad under Campo.

shifts in the NFL are subtle.

Originally posted by Oldskool

Carter starting?

This must be the big albacores master plan to get a top 5 pick next year!

Sweet! :)

dallas goes 5-11 and gets the #2 pick, arizona takes eli manning with the #1.... jerry jones fires tuna...and drafts a kicker...saying just like oakland 2 years ago," the special teams play was our only flaw holding us back.":thud:

as we've seen many many times, we should wait until at least the end of the college season before trying to accurately predict a draft. hell, at this time last year, clifton smith, that UDFA linebacker we got was supposed to be the best linebacker in the game. so much for that.

Archived