Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

More Scottish teams in Europe tonight see who else can be a disappointment Got Malta and Latvia! Season also starts on Saturday with the new league cup that has group stages now.

I've got Fox Soccer Plus for the year from the wife.  So I'll be watching my boy Perry Kitchen. 

• Like 1

I thought Goetze had no interest in going to Liverpool, hence why he fired his agent who tried to manufacture the move?

There was a deal in place with Bayern, and he talked to Klopp. But he stalled, despite being told in NO uncertain terms that he wouldn't play at Munich and wasn't wanted there this year. And now it's backfired massively as I type as he's left in limbo. 

His loss. 

Ibe now officially gone: CONFIRMED: Jordon Ibe completes £15 million move to Bournemouth - This Is Anfield

All the best Jordan lad. Great move for yers this. Replacing Ritchie, getting to play every week which you've needed in an attacking, footballing side under a boss young coach. Knuckle down, work hard, regain your confidence, and fulfil that fantastic potential every L'pool fan knows you posses and you could well be back at Anfield a year or two down the line. 

£15 million for a bit part player, with a buy-back and sell-on clause in the deal? Another great piece of business on a £20.5 million selling day. 

8 players now out this window for a tidy £27.5 million and counting. 

By my reckoning that leaves us a net deficit of £- 11.2 million the window with 3 new starters in key positions added. 'Keeper, centre half and the difference maker Mane. 

Keep up the great work Jurgen lad. Brilliant transfer window to date and it's only 2 weeks old!

Hail. 

There was a deal in place with Bayern, and he talked to Klopp. But he stalled, despite being told in NO uncertain terms that he wouldn't play at Munich and wasn't wanted there this year. And now it's backfired massively as I type as he's left in limbo. 

His loss. 

So there was a deal in place, and he talked to Klopp, but stalled even though he wasnt going to play at Munich. Wouldnt that mean that he didnt want to go to Liverpool?

I thought Goetze had no interest in going to Liverpool, hence why he fired his agent who tried to manufacture the move?

He wanted to stay in Munich, but if he leaves, wants CL football.  If he leaves, I bet he goes to Dortmund.  Not as hated as some here make it seem (at least according to the BVB forums and posters I hear from).

Nice to see the transfers appreciated:

Top European Transfers

His loss.

I am not sure there was a "stall." He didnt want to goto Liverpool.

I am not sure there was a "stall." He didnt want to goto Liverpool.

He did. Then he didn't. So L'pool turned to their next man Mane and ended the Gotze interest. Then the other week he did again now reality has finally hit home that Munich just don't want him. 

Dude doesn't seem to know what he wants. But his options for the coming season are shrinking all the time. 

Hail. 

He did. Then he didn't. So L'pool turned to their next man Mane and ended the Gotze interest. Then the other week he did again now reality has finally hit home that Munich just don't want him. 

Dude doesn't seem to know what he wants. But his options for the coming season are shrinking all the time. 

Hail.

if you say so

Wasn't that what I said?

Hail. 

You said it backfired on him, meaning he was stalling but wanted to go to Liverpool and that stalling caused him to miss out on the chance to go to Liverpool. Rather then him not wanting to go to Liverpool. Unless backfired means something different in England than the USA, which I acknowledge could be the case.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

He was 50/50 on coming.

Everyone (German greats) told him he should come, he wanted to stay at Munich.  Probably was a done deal if we won Europa League final but we didn't.

I don't think he was going to bench anyone but Lallana in our front 4, but he's already benched by Mane so whatevs.

I'm not personally insulted by Mario Gotze not coming.

Goetze may be going to Dortmund also

Is Dortmund your team?

You said it backfired on him, meaning he was stalling but wanted to go to Liverpool and that stalling caused him to miss out on the chance to go to Liverpool. Rather then him not wanting to go to Liverpool. Unless backfired means something different in England than the USA, which I acknowledge could be the case.

Read the last response to the other fella'. 

Clearer? 

Hail. 

Ahh bollocks! Just as things we're going SO well .....

Joe Gomez injury leaves Liverpool searching for a new centre-back - This Is Anfield

Guess Andre Wisdom has now dropped lucky and will be kept until at least January for depth?

Hail. 

*Edit* Utterly gutted for Joe too considering he's worked through all summer in an effort to be back for pre-season. Chin up kid. You're our future back there. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Ah **** is it the knee again?  I can't read that where I'm at right now.

No, achilles. Hopefully it'll just be weeks but it's the further set-back. And then he's to start full training and get fit weeks behind everyone else. 

But I wouldn't go out and buy anyone personally unless it's someone like the kid from Hoffenheim. Just keep hold of Lucas and Wisdom for now as a dirt cheap emergency option. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

It looks like we're in the market again.  Wasn't sure this was necessary.  Might open the door for Kolo on a one year?

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 3h3 hours ago

#LFC will buy a centre-back after Gomez suffers new setback

I think the Echo and co are just speculating on an incoming. All depends on how serious or not the new injury is. Sakho's only down 3 or 4 weeks, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Klopp get by with what he has. 

Real interested now to see if Lucas drops to the second half centre half at either Wigan or Huddersfield alongside Wisdom with Illori going away to the Olympics. It's really just to get us through pre-season regardless as no more injuries god willing, Matip and Lovren will be starting every game at least regardless. 

Hail. 

Not seen anything of the above, but congratulations to the English U-19's for clinching not only a semi-final place with a second successive 2-1 win, but also a spot in next years FIFA U'20 World Cup in South Korea. Which all things being equal you'd think Gomes and Ojo at least have an excellent chance of being a part of that to further aid their experience/ development. 

Sheyi came on after 64 minutes apparently. 

Hail. 

headed to work a little early today so I can get out by noon-ish.

Saving the match build-up show for Wigan this weekend just for this morning :D

So happy we're back.

Gonna' be WELL into double figures of departure's by the end of the window with the culling of all the deadwood:

Liverpool to consider offers for Markovic amid Sporting interest - Goal.com

Hail. 

Think Marko deserves a shot, tbh.

His dad is mates with one of Klopp's staff and I think he just had too much potential when we bought him to throw it away.

I mean, we took him over Griezmann with the Suarez money, and whether that was stupid or not (or just another BR) it was done for a reason.  Won't hurt us any to keep him on a season unless we are getting an offer that blows us away.

Think Marko deserves a shot, tbh.

His dad is mates with one of Klopp's staff and I think he just had too much potential when we bought him to throw it away.

I mean, we took him over Griezmann with the Suarez money, and whether that was stupid or not (or just another BR) it was done for a reason.  Won't hurt us any to keep him on a season unless we are getting an offer that blows us away.

Not been impressed with him personally. Not least since he's been back. Would of thought he'd be busting a gut ala Grujic but he's coasted through two friendlies now without impressing. And that open goal miss Tranmere ..... But I'm happy whatever Klopp decides. If he goes after he's had a good look at him in training, he doesn't fit. No other reason. So it'd be no great loss. 

Plus, one less person in Ojo's way to playing time os a good thing IMHO. 

Mad rumours that there's mad negotiations to get Mario to China before their window shuts tonight. Let us pray it's not just rumours. £ 8 million being talked about. 

Hail 

• Like 1

Mad rumours that there's mad negotiations to get Mario to China before their window shuts tonight. Let us pray it's not just rumours. £ 8 million being talked about. 

Hail 

Just getting his contract off the books would be a win.

Mad money over there... did you see the contract Higuain turned down?  Something like 600k euro a week.

• Like 1