Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Excellent start to the day and a deserved draw IMHO for the way Stoke rallied second half.

Can't wait to see who Mourinho, who was looking more and more pissed off second half, blames this time. 

Not sure what that does for Anfield like. Utd now CAN'T afford to lose. Does that make them a more dangerous animal or play into L'pool's hands even more?

Come on Tottenham now. Both Manchester clubs stewing on defeats for the next 16 days will go down very nicely thank you. :D.

Hail. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Can't wait to see who Mourinho, who was looking more and more pissed off second half, blames this time.

He just said it's their best performance since he's been manager, even better than the Leicester performance, the result just wasn't the best.

Yeah, Karius is going to have to deliver for sure on MNF.

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The two gilt edged chances he missed he HAS to score. 

United are right to be expecting FAR more for their (ridiculous) outlay. 

Hail. 

His sitter was as bad as Coutinho's miss yesterday.  But I'd say it's worse cause at least Phil scores world class goals (plural) this season.

1 hour ago, Morrison J said:

Hopefully Pochettino starts to get the credit he deserves after this. All the talk about Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, Conte etc. Pochettino is every bit the manager. Doing so much more with less.

Tottenham are doing more with less than Liverpool?

Check yourself and have a word with your 'facts.' 

On 9/30/2016 at 5:02 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Looking forward to 'Spurs- City more than any other game thus far this season outside of naturally L'pool games. 

MASSIVE test for City. Who haven't played anyone of note outside of Mourinho's slowly developing and naturally stuttering Utd side. And although they've looked awesome going forward, there's still a lot of flaws for Pep to iron out as City themselves develop. Tottenham on the other hand are quietly flying under the radar for me. Said going into the season on these here pages they were the most complete article and the one side I expected to be the most serious of rivals if L'pool were to challenge for the league. (I had them finishing second and City third to L'pool in our pre-season predictions and I've seen little to suggest to me that they won't be the three that break away and battle out the league.). Their best start in 51 years just underlines what Pochetino has put in place given the key players missing as well. 

WHL is one of toughest grounds to go to in the league. With Tottenham one of the toughest sides to play anywhere. I'd err on a draw but wouldn't be surprised to see Tottenham nick it. 

Really looking forward to sitting down and enjoying this one Sunday afternoon. Mouthwatering occasion in prospect to round out this run of fixtures into the next International break.

Hail. 

That lived up to it's billing and then some! Absolutely pleasure of a watch of top class footie. 

Makes our draw at Tottenham all the more frustrating after completely dominating them. Top, top side who won't drop many at home. Missed opportunity there. 

Just need Burnley to get something for an almost perfect weekend to round out the second group of fixtures. 

Both Manchester clubs left to stew on bad results for the next 16 days whilst at the other end of the East Lancs the Klopp revolution goes from strength to strength. 

Life is frigging boss if you're a Red. :D.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Tottenham are doing more with less than Liverpool?

Have a word with your facts. 

Hail. 

Don't think theres any facts to be dealing with tbf. I think theres little to choose between the Liverpool and Spurs squads personally. Both Klopp and Pochettino are doing fantastic jobs.

Pochettino gets little to no credit from the media though. He's getting every ounce of ability out of that Spurs team. 

22 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Don't think theres any facts to be dealing with tbf. I think theres little to choose between the Liverpool and Spurs squads personally. Both Klopp and Pochettino are doing fantastic jobs.

Pochettino gets little to no credit from the media though. He's getting every ounce of ability out of that Spurs team. 

No question. Massive admirer of him and his work/ teams myself as noted on here previous much as I dislike Tottenham. 

But he's not working with less than Klopp. That was what I was pulling you on.

Hail.

43 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

But he's not working with less than Klopp. That was what I was pulling you on.

Hail.

Aye and I dont really agree with that tbh. It's at the very least very close in terms of talent.

Spurs are much more about Pochettino's system then the individuals in it. Hence why you can take Kane, Dier and Dembele out of that team (their spine last year) and still play Man City off the park.