Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Daryl Johnston belong in the Hall Of Fame? (M.E.T.)

esloan

No, he would've had to have been a scoring fullback like Alstott was to even remotely have a sniff at it.

Or Larry Centers, who was about as atypical a FB as there's ever been. His stats are amazing for a FB (nearly 9,000 yards from scrimmage, and 8 seasons with 65+ catches, one with 101 and 962 yards) but other than that, he's got no championships, and didn't block for competitive teams. Johnston blocked for competitive teams, has 3 championships, but no stats whatsoever.

I think a FB is going to need both to make it in.

They should allow for unheralded positions to be brought into the hall. ST aces, returners, special kickers and punters, blocking fullbacks, great players that happen to be great people, etc..

Too many people in the hall that HAD to personally affect the outcome of great games and not enough who embraced, excelled and exemplified the team concept.

I'd vote for him, the boy layed the wood time after time after time. I cussed about him blowing up our fellas for many a night. I'd also vote for Tasker, Ray Guy, and YES definitely someone like :

Morten Anderson

25yrs

2500+ PTS

7 time Pro Bowler

3 time All Pro

11 time top 10 scorer in the NFL

382 Games

The probowl has become a complete sham, and the Hall of Fame needs to start rewarding hard working, upstanding, selfless, loyal players with longevity and stats to back them up even if they are just role players.

Not every great player is a superstar. Some just shut their mouth and do their job and do it well.

Moose is bar-none, the only 'Puke player that doesn't make me sick to watch on TV as a commentator because of how he played the game.

I have 3 stats that shows that Moose deserves to be in the Hall. 4052 attempts 17162 yards 153 TD's, these are career stats in Dallas. Yes I know that not all were with Moose blocking for him, but the majority of them were because of Moose.

Moose IMO was one the greatest blocking fullbacks to ever play the game. As much as I hate Dallas, Moose was the reason that Emmitt is in the Hall today.

Hell no and if he wasn't a puke no one in the world would think this was a real question to ask. However the pro Puke group and that emotional crybaby crap Emmit pulled will likely get him in the hall. He can go in the year that over rated Marshall Faulk goes in for all I care, that way I have double reason not to watch that mess. Tons of players are more deserving of those spots then those two players.

Archived