Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SC: What is really going on with Haynesworth?

JimmiJo

http://web.skinscast.com/subcast/2010/08/05/what-is-really-going-on-with-haynesworth/

What is really going on with Haynesworth?

By John Pappas

Skinscast Editor

It seems that everybody is doing it these days. Reporters, retired football players, even the Commissioner of the NFL. They are all doing, and passing the shuttle conditioning test that Albert Haynesworth has not, but needs to in order to get on the field.

After stiffing Mike Shanahan and the Washington Redskins all offseason, Haynesworth reported to training camp a week ago much lighter than at the end of the season. To look at him you would think he’s in much better shape. The only problem is Haynesworth has yet to complete the test recently become so popular with the media and others.

And until he does, or the team relents, he won’t be allowed to play. Shanahan’s reasoning on this appears to be sound, and is looking more prescient every day Haynesworth is out. Shanahan does not want to get a guy hurt who is not is shape. And since Haynesworth was not there during the offseason conditioning program and OTAs, the team has to validate that he is ready to play. Hence the test.

The test itself consists of two sets of six, 25-yard shuttles, or sprints between cones. The player must run 25 yards between cones, and then change direction to go back. This continues out and back six times, for a total of 300 yards, and must be completed within a predefined period of time. He then has a break, and does it again within a predefined period of time. In this case, the first set must be done in 70 seconds, with a three and one half minute break, and the second set within 73 seconds.

Haynesworth’s failure to pass the test prompted members of the media and others to start taking the test to see how difficult it is. Many passed, including Mike Golic, a defensive lineman retired since 1993. That Haynesworth has not passed, when a guy retired 17 years has, highlights how ridicules the situation has become.

The popular belief appears to be that Haynesworth is using Shanahan’s edict that he must pass the test before playing as a means of getting out of practice (although he reportedly now likes the system). Fans who want to see Haynesworth on the field again better hope this is the case. Because the alternative could be something much more serious.

Click HERE to read the rest of the story...

i really dont understand how haynesworth is already hurt... i mean, losing 30 pounds in the offseason should mean that there's less pressure on his knee now and that he should be more mobile, right??

with his lack of cardiovascular fitness and the general shadiness surrounding his offseason, im really thinking that something strange is going on.

maybe he had lipo (seriously) and just took a lot of diet pills to lose all of that weight.

i really dont understand how haynesworth is already hurt... i mean, losing 30 pounds in the offseason should mean that there's less pressure on his knee now and that he should be more mobile, right??

with his lack of cardiovascular fitness and the general shadiness surrounding his offseason, im really thinking that something strange is going on.

maybe he had lipo (seriously) and just took a lot of diet pills to lose all of that weight.

I don't know about the diet pills, but I think you and I have the same concern - how does a guy lose a lot of weight but be so challenged by a test non-athletes are passing?

I'm glad he's getting the MRI.

If it's a real problem, at least they'll now be on the path to addressing the injury.

If he's faking it, then they'll be on the path to him snapping out of it, passing the test and getting on with life, or they'll be on the sit-your-lazy-ass-for-the-season path.

However it turns out, I'm glad we're seeing some action because it has been a distraction.

I am no doctor, but people gainging or losing weight really quickly = rarely is it a healthy thing. Lets face it, its not normal. For example, going on some bizarro eat only X diet that is banned everywhere in the world except in the US... is that good for you? I doubt it.

Archived