Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does this team refuse to add a top performing WR?

Drew_Fl

The so called number one WR might be the most overrated position in football. Our problem is that we can't build a solid corps of wide receivers as opposed to just having our offense revolve around one star. Almost every team that was won the superbowl this past decade (maybe other then the Giants) had talent up and down their receiving corps and that's what we should try to build. In that scenario, Santana Moss would more then suffice as the team's "number one". Unless you can find a Larry Fitzgerald type player, or you have a Peyton Manning at QB that makes stars out of every WR that steps on the field (good luck if you're waiting around on that to happen to us) building a talented unit like that Giants have done is the best route IMO. Granted we haven't done that either but we don't need to give up everything to get Vincent Jackson in order to do that.

It appears that VJ isn't going anywhere, and any interest the Skins had in him has seemed to fade away. Smith simply isn't budging on his high asking price. Allen isn't going to mortgage the farm for VJ. Smart moves in the offseason has been the story (still feels foreign to say smart personnel moves :silly:).

I would like to see what the Skins do with LS Sundberg. Hasn't been performing well, and I thought I had read the Skins we're looking at other LSs. Not quite sure why they haven't looked into the Red Snapper. :helmet:

It appears that VJ isn't going anywhere, and any interest the Skins had in him has seemed to fade away. Smith simply isn't budging on his high asking price. Allen isn't going to mortgage the farm for VJ. Smart moves in the offseason has been the story (still feels foreign to say smart personnel moves :silly:).

I would like to see what the Skins do with LS Sundberg. Hasn't been performing well, and I thought I had read the Skins we're looking at other LSs. Not quite sure why they haven't looked into the Red Snapper. :helmet:

Where are you basing this on? Not that I disagree but I had heard a few times that we are still interested int he Last week. Like I had said before If the VJ thing is going to happen I would bet it happens sometime after our game tonight and before the Ravens game....

Where are you basing this on? Not that I disagree but I had heard a few times that we are still interested int he Last week. Like I had said before If the VJ thing is going to happen I would bet it happens sometime after our game tonight and before the Ravens game....

Basically, the fact that Chargers GM hasn't budged on his insistence that he gets a 1st for VJ has pretty much kept us from being a player in a trade. I do agree that if Smith comes down on his demands that we may pursue him (given the fact neither DT or MK are doing a whole lot to make this team). It just seems unlikely to happen. Smith is known for being a hard-nosed:maniac: when it comes to trades.

Basically, the fact that Chargers GM hasn't budged on his insistence that he gets a 1st for VJ has pretty much kept us from being a player in a trade. I do agree that if Smith comes down on his demands that we may pursue him (given the fact neither DT or MK are doing a whole lot to make this team). It just seems unlikely to happen. Smith is known for being a hard-nosed:maniac: when it comes to trades.

yeah but smith is also known for doing deals with Bruce apparently there was a deal when bruce was in TB that really helped the chargers Sirius NFL was talking about it and basically said because of the friendship between Bruce and Smith we have the best shot of getting a deal done.... Not saying that makes it happen Just sayin.....I wonder if TK has seen any updates in his tea leaves

We will probably get Jackson at some point but until then we have to deal with what we have besides Shanahan and Allen would have already pulled the trigger by now if we really needed another WR.

I'm not so sure about that. I think Shanahan and Allen are much better poker players than that. They may both feel we need a receiver today, but that doesn't mean they are going to show their cards and ruin their chance at a major bluff.

yeah but smith is also known for doing deals with Bruce apparently there was a deal when bruce was in TB that really helped the chargers Sirius NFL was talking about it and basically said because of the friendship between Bruce and Smith we have the best shot of getting a deal done.... Not saying that makes it happen Just sayin.....I wonder if TK has seen any updates in his tea leaves

I agree, rd421. It does help that Allen and Smith are buds, but not really sure how much credence that'll lend to getting a deal done for VJ. Seems Smith wants to squeeze every drop out that situation. Hadn't heard any recent rumors concerning VJ to Skins.

Paging TK.....:type::phone:. :D

I agree, rd421. It does help that Allen and Smith are buds, but not really sure how much credence that'll lend to getting a deal done for VJ. Seems Smith wants to squeeze every drop out that situation. Hadn't heard any recent rumors concerning VJ to Skins.

Paging TK.....:type::phone:. :D

For me I think the silence ont he subject is what gives it legs..same thing with Jamal Brown, heard we are interested month goes by with nothing I thought it was dead then BOOM new RT

Who was the no. 1 wideout last year in the NFL and which OC did he play for?

Surprised by his stats?

Birth Date July 11, 1981

Birth Place Miami, FL

Height 6-3

Weight 228 lbs.

Age 29 Position WR

Experience 8 years

College Miami (Fla.)

Drafted 2003: 1st Rnd, 3rd by HOU

So he is one of the higheer picks as a WR to actually perform and he has three to four very good season under his belt. But I think the answer to your question is the pedigree was there and the coaching was there. Two things this team lacked when Vinny used two two's to solve a problem that is still unsolved.

let's let the new regime do their thing. u can't get every peice in one season. we addressed the line in this draft and still have some work to do on the line. mcnabb is not even signed for the long term so we might have to address the qb next year so lets be patient about this and be realistic about things. we were 4-12 last year not 8-8. we sucked. expecting playoffs to me is unrealistic to me. be patient and the hc and gm will bring success here.

Just gotta say, SEE SIG, draft AJ Green next year if he falls to us.

I'm a homer, that's my dude, but he's the real deal. Julio Jones is a tremendous athlete, AJ Green is a tremendous WR. It's almost a situatino of would you rather have TO (Julio) or Moss (AJ), talent-wise.

I did hear someone voice concerns about drafting a WR in the first round, talking about their diva personalities. I don't believe Julio has that kind of personality, but I do know for a fact AJ does not. He's a real humble, family guy.

Moss - Green - Thomas - Austin - Wade works for me, and throw in The Comb if he stays around this year (which I'm hoping he does).

Trust me, AJ will be a great NFL receiver if he has a halfway decent QB.

Enough with the lets get a wr band wagon. Didnt you see last night that we have plenty of options. First of all Moss will have a career year and not to mention cooley will play awesome. Our other TE Davis is good.

Here is the big sleeper Devin Thomas, he looked awesome last night his breakaway speed is good and his hands are better. He averaged over 20 yds per catch last night.

What more do you want we could have Randy Moss and he would only average around 50 catches this year. Look people this is the NFL not Madden 2011. Its pretty hard to get two recievers with more than 100 yd games in a single game.

If we get another reciever we will need two footballs on the field and two quarterbacks throwing them passes. There is only one football out there and we will spread the ball around.

We would rather run than pass.

Enough with the lets get a wr band wagon. Didnt you see last night that we have plenty of options. First of all Moss will have a career year and not to mention cooley will play awesome. Our other TE Davis is good.

Here is the big sleeper Devin Thomas, he looked awesome last night his breakaway speed is good and his hands are better. He averaged over 20 yds per catch last night.

What more do you want we could have Randy Moss and he would only average around 50 catches this year. Look people this is the NFL not Madden 2011. Its pretty hard to get two recievers with more than 100 yd games in a single game.

If we get another reciever we will need two footballs on the field and two quarterbacks throwing them passes. There is only one football out there and we will spread the ball around.

im really not understanding peoples logic here... mcnabb has how many years left? so you want to spend the better half of the years he has left to wait on DT and MK to show up? why not get a guy whose a GREAT deep threat (mcnabbs strongest ability) and go for it all.. yea we may have to give up a 1st pick that's cool your never guaranteed a great player with that first pick but your guaranteed a top 10 WR with this trade.. but hell lets hang around and waste all of the time with mcnabb just because a few of you are too worried about the "vinny era"

Archived