Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kareem Moore making the most of his chance at free safety

Oldskool

Despite the outpouring of love for Blache and his total points allowed stat

You must mean total yards allowed stat. Because we were in the bottom third of the league in points allowed. That's why I never understood the outcry from people who oppose the switch.

I read it to mean he'll be playing on the slot receiver as well as the outside receivers. Putting him at safety doesn't make sense at all...it takes away from the CB spot and isn't really much of an upgrade at all at safety.

Nope, Carlos said he'd be playing some safety, along with the stuff you heard.

He has the potential...he's put up similar tackle numbers the past 2 or 3 years...

Your right he does but the thing he'll need to make sure to do this year is be aggressive but not reckless, you could always tell he was going for every big play or hit and became reckless, if he can control it this year he could be poised for a big year

Your right he does but the thing he'll need to make sure to do this year is be aggressive but not reckless, you could always tell he was going for every big play or hit and became reckless, if he can control it this year he could be poised for a big year

Can you imagine, if an out of control Landry makes 70-80 tackles, what an under control Landry can do?

Moore sounds like he's doing really good. I hate to ask a dumb question like this , but what had made him step up to be such a play maker, intercepting balls like this? Purely just coaching?

He was pretty highly regarded for a 1-AA player coming out of college, but was injured and couldn't participate in the combine or much of his first training camp. Which explains why he was drafted in the 6th round and mostly played special teams his rookie season.

He looked pretty good last year, but we were committed to playing Landry at free safety, so Moore backed him up. I had heard a lot of talk last training camp about how Moore had some of the best ball skills in the secondary, but he didn't get enough playing time in center field to really show it of.

He was pretty highly regarded for a 1-AA player coming out of college, but was injured and couldn't participate in the combine or much of his first training camp. Which explains why he was drafted in the 6th round and mostly played special teams his rookie season.

He looked pretty good last year, but we were committed to playing Landry at free safety, so Moore backed him up. I had heard a lot of talk last training camp about how Moore had some of the best ball skills in the secondary, but he didn't get enough playing time in center field to really show it of.

Oh man, that excites me even more! Can't wait to see what he's got this year! :beavisnbutthead:

Moore sounds like he's doing really good. I hate to ask a dumb question like this , but what had made him step up to be such a play maker, intercepting balls like this? Purely just coaching?

Honestly, I think he was always a good candidate to be back there, although of course two years of coaching help, when it comes to stepping in now. And hopefully learning from Laron's mistakes.

But I think the biggest reason is that he got stuck behind Horton. Horton had two really great games, and never really showed anything after that, but it was enough to keep him above Moore, the more natural FS (haha, get it? :silly:) until recently.

the reason some of us are so against this chnage is simple, we finally had put together a solid defence that with some tweaking could have been special, then we blew it up with it only being 2 players short of being elite lol. now we start all over again

This isn't the thread for this, but if you really think that a defense that was dead last in turnovers and in the bottom third of the league in points allowed was only two players away from being "elite", I don't know what to tell you.

I'm hoping that Kareem pans out and will be the starting FS for the next 5-7 years. That strip ball vs N.O. was embarrassing, but you see how he scoped the ball in mid air. That was impressive to me.

More impressive to me was that he held on after catching it while rolling over two other players...

Kareem seems to be a playmaker, even from his limited playing time last season. I was excited when we drafted him, but he was always stuck behind Landry. Safety is one position with a lot of depth. I'm excited to see how all of the guys are used this year. Moore will be a fun guy to watch.

Kareem seems to be a playmaker, even from his limited playing time last season. I was excited when we drafted him, but he was always stuck behind Landry. Safety is one position with a lot of depth. I'm excited to see how all of the guys are used this year. Moore will be a fun guy to watch.

And Landry will be able to get back to what he does best. Blowing cats up.

Archived