Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maybe Kerry Collins hasn't completely matured....

Tom [Giants fan]

Jim Fassel decided Monday night to cancel the Wednesday afternoon practice to take the team on a fishing/camping trip to Lake George in upstate New York. Well, apparently, Kerry Collins feels good about getting a 3 or 4 hour nap and maybe a little more. Man, I hope he doesn't get in trouble:

Kerry Collins said he planned on fishing and also "finding a nice tree and taking a three- or four-hour nap." He also had another idea.

"We're going to commandeer a boat and take off," he said. "Probably some lawsuit will come out of it."

The full article from the nypost is at the following link:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/39164.htm

That doesn't necessarily work for every coach, believe it or not.

Fassel IS a motivator and darn good one. He will mince words with his players.

Apparently you haven't seen the ball coach in action that much. I wouldn't even dare say he's not a motivator :laugh:

Originally posted by Romberjo

This is the kind of camaraderie-building move the Skins should be doing more of. Spurrier seems to be oddly ineffective as a motivater; he doesn't really even seem to try to rally the troops.

The Caps does this crap every hockey season and they still suck.

i like this idea for a team. the skins could do it and jansen and ramsey would be the leaders. fishing rocks. it teaches patience and discipline (depending on the kind of fishing you are doing). and also provides time for the occasional nap. depends on why you are there in the first place.

Fassel comes off as the "Coach that tries too hard" when it comes to this type of stuff. It just seems so contrived and obvious that only the most dense of players would take it at face value and actually cooperate with this little experiment. I'd be willing to bet a majority of the players don't appreciate being dragged off to the woods with a bunch of guys and would actually AVOID making nice nice with their teammates, so that the experiment fails and they never have to be bothered with this BS again.

It seems like this guy is too sensitive to what the fans and media think of him and puts on these dog and pony shows to please them more than help his team. I was watching him talk about the Stackhouse situation and I couldn't help but wonder why he was going into such detail over the exact events when most coaches would probably downplay it to the media and keep the situation internal. It's as if he's answering to the media and telling them what they want to hear. It just seems phony to me, but whatever works for him, I guess.

I don't fault Kerry Collins one bit for not taking it seriously.

Archived