5 members have voted

1. 1. ever heard of Cheyenne Frontier days

• Been there and liked it
    • Been there and didn't like it
    • Never heard of it
    • Heard of it and would like to go
    • Heard of it and have no interest in it
    • Where's Cheyenne?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/15825/cowboys-te-martellus-bennett-a-no-show

SAN ANTONIO -- As the Cowboys tight ends gathered for their first drill of training camp Saturday afternoon, Martellus Bennett was nowhere to be found. The Cowboys quickly announced that Bennett had been placed on the non-football injury list with an ankle problem.

Bennett had tweeted Saturday morning that he was heading over for practice, so the news was a surprising development. He is eligible to return to practice Sunday, which means he still counts against the roster.

For a player who has a lot to prove after a disappointing 2009 campaign, this is not a good way to start. I have calls into Bennett and several other Cowboys sources to try to determine how the injury occurred.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

"Some of you might recall that Jerry Jones reportedly turned down a first-round draft choice for Bennett before last season."

That can't be real. Nobody gives up a 1st round pick for a starting TE (didn't Gonzalez go for a 2nd, or was it a 3rd?), let alone a backup TE. I know if I read an article that said Snyder turned down a 1st rounder in exchange for Davis I'd call BS.

That can't be real. Nobody gives up a 1st round pick for a starting TE (didn't Gonzalez go for a 2nd, or was it a 3rd?), let alone a backup TE. I know if I read an article that said Snyder turned down a 1st rounder in exchange for Davis I'd call BS.

Dont really kno how tru it is. This was my very first time ever hearing any mention of it. But if it is tru, Jerry Jones is more of a dumb ass than i thought.

Archived