Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Martin Chase is officially a redskin

mhd24

This seems like a good move to me. He costs us very little, financially and it's only a 6th or 7th rounder. I don't know that he's that much less talented than Smith anyway. The Saints aparently used him more than Smith last year. He's not the pashrusher that Smith is but we need runstopping primarily. Smith is younger and certainly has more potential, which, of course, is why the Saints wanted more for him. I'm happy with giving up a very late pick for someone who can hopefully contribute. We can go get someone better next year.

I'm still trying to figure out why the saints wanted another 7th rd pick? I mean how often does a 7th rd pick make the team or get significant playing time? I think either N.O. knows this guy sux or their Front Office is more brain dead than ours.I don't know what to think but this guy is being jacked up to be our hero and not just a back-up run stuffer.

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

I'm still trying to figure out why the saints wanted another 7th rd pick? I mean how often does a 7th rd pick make the team or get significant playing time? I think either N.O. knows this guy sux or their Front Office is more brain dead than ours.I don't know what to think but this guy is being jacked up to be our hero and not just a back-up run stuffer.

I think it is just so they can say they got something for him. And if he sucks and gets cut, then they got over on the Skins.

Many teams know they're going to have to cut someone who can play simply due to numbers. So they trade them for a 7th to a team that doesn't want to risk missing the guy after he gets cut. There will be DTs cut within the next two weeks. You can count on it. Perhaps the Skins are being cautious here because they are waiting for someone. Certainly we have our powder dry cap-wise.

Watch for Devone Claybrooke of the Bucs. He played well last season, and he might get cut cuz they got so many good players.

And btw, Jeff Grau was traded this offseason to the Bucs for a 7th rounder.

Archived