Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN' s First Take on Redskins...

DaRock

Shaun can suck my right nut. "Pretenders?" He really needs to take a good look at his coach before saying that. We, having been down that road, know what's up. Dallas trash. 'Nuff said.

:ols:

Then Skip said "I looked at the schedule and the Chargers don't play the Redskins", relating to Phillips' comments. Then Shaun said "What happened last year".

:saber:

Skip always has his own opinion. He is entertaining to watch, and always has some funny things to say. Skip usually has good things to say about the skins as well. He did pick the cowgirls as taking the division though, Boo! Really hope we can shock the world and win the first game sunday night.

division.

even questioned the OL, c'mon, ??

We have a rookie and a guy who hasn't played a down since 2008 at tackle, the same average center, and the guards are suspect at best, even BEFORE Mike Williams went out.

C'mon indeed.

I'm all for optimism, but there are definite questions about this team practically anywhere you look, except it seems in the front office (for a change).

~Bang

We have a rookie and a guy who hasn't played a down since 2008 at tackle, the same average center, and the guards are suspect at best, even BEFORE Mike Williams went out.

C'mon indeed.

I'm all for optimism, but there are definite questions about this team practically anywhere you look, except it seems in the front office (for a change).

~Bang

Noone is saying we have the best OL in the league and sure there can be question marks on any player, but from what we have this year compared to last year, I think they should be more positive about our OL, not compared to other teams, which I'm sure is what they and you are doing, which is okay, but I just see the improvement. I guess I'm just giddy at having possible bookend OTs again, ah well...

Noone is saying we have the best OL in the league and sure there can be question marks on any player, but from what we have this year compared to last year, I think they should be more positive about our OL, not compared to other teams, which I'm sure is what they and you are doing, which is okay, but I just see the improvement. I guess I'm just giddy at having possible bookend OTs again, ah well...

I agree we should be improved, but... the fact is the questions are legitimate.

For as bad a shape the OL was in back in January, it's a lot better looking now, but more importantly for the future. Right now is about putting down some building blocks.

Don't get too many high expectations, it's not likely to happen yet. But be optimistic about the future. Most definitely.

(Although it is not out of the question for the miraculous turnaround, I just don't think that's in our cards just yet. Too much mess to clean up, right now Shannallen is taking over a team made up from choices by Gibbs, Williams, Zorn and Blache, and of course, vinny. One specific downside to being on the coaching carousel is before you can win you've got to stop the spinning, which means giving some time for the new coach to build with who he wants to do the job.

The problem is now that there's Mike Smith, Rex Ryan, John Harbaugh and Tony Sporano giving unreasonable expectations by making it look like anyone can win right away, and it's not always the case.

So be patient! It has it's rewards when your wagon is hitched to proven winners.

~Bang

@Bang:

I guess for me one way I look at things around here is that if we can start off hot in Jim Zorn's first year as a HC then I feel like with Shanny's first year here we can start off hot too and finish the year off warm or better hot still. We've made some nice steps to be better and I think the scale is weighing heavier towards us being better then 8-8. Yeah no one has seen the 2010 Washington Redskins season movie yet but the Trailer I've seen has got me excited that it's going to be a good one. :silly:

@Bang:

I guess for me one way I look at things around here is that if we can start off hot in Jim Zorn's first year as a HC then I feel like with Shanny's first year here we can start off hot too and finish the year off warm or better hot still. We've made some nice steps to be better and I think the scale is weighing heavier towards us being better then 8-8. Yeah no one has seen the 2010 Washington Redskins season movie yet but the Trailer I've seen has got me excited that it's going to be a good one. :silly:

Maybe . certainly not beyond the realm of possibility!

~Bang

Archived