Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was this caller the Redskins?

CRogersGuy

Hey guys,

First off, I apologize if this doesn't belong here... I don't know where else to put it. Anyway, while I was out mowing the grass today someone called with the phone #: 301-276-6030 under the ID: WA REDSKINS. My mom answered the phone and she said they were looking for me to say something about season tickets. She tried to get me back inside to answer the phone on time but just as I did they hung up.

Now, I've never done anything involving season tickets and I've only ever been to one Redskins game (two if you count a preseason game against the Jets a few years back). I may have entered my name in some contest or something a while back, but honestly I can't remember. :(

I tried looking up the phone number but couldn't find anything about it, although it was extremely close to a Redskins number that was 301-276-6050.

Basically I'm just wondering if any of this is legit or not and if I should be worried about missing this call.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Hey guys,

First off, I apologize if this doesn't belong here... I don't know where else to put it. Anyway, while I was out mowing the grass today someone called with the phone #: 301-276-6030 under the ID: WA REDSKINS. My mom answered the phone and she said they were looking for me to say something about season tickets. She tried to get me back inside to answer the phone on time but just as I did they hung up.

Now, I've never done anything involving season tickets and I've only ever been to one Redskins game (two if you count a preseason game against the Jets a few years back). I may have entered my name in some contest or something a while back, but honestly I can't remember. :(

I tried looking up the phone number but couldn't find anything about it, although it was extremely close to a Redskins number that was 301-276-6050.

Basically I'm just wondering if any of this is legit or not and if I should be worried about missing this call.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Probably the line that calls to see if you want club seats. They call if you have been on the season ticket waiting list for a period of time. They have called my house before as well.

yeh, those 2 numeers youve listed are similar and typically a big company like the Redskins would have multiple numbers that similar to one another.

I think I have seen that number before when they called me asking if I wanted to buy season tix as well.

It sure sounds like the Redskins, although it is odd how they contacted you with you having no previous experience with season tickets. They must be getting desperate to fill those club seats.

On an unrelated note, I graduated from Glenelg High in 2007. Nice to see an extremeskins member so close by, CRogersGuy :)

I got a snail mailing re: club season tickets. I'm assuming that they got my name and address from NFL.com when I bought the 3 Super Bowls DVD. I didn't bother answering because: 1) I'm not spending 1 dime toward DS pockets until I see that he keeps his hands off the football part of the Redskins, 2) I'm peeved but not surprised that NFL.com provided my name/address, and 3) I hate FedEx Field. As someone who grew up ('rents had season tickets from '63 through '97) in RFK Stadium and I've attended 1 game in FedEx (gift tix), the 2 stadiums don't compare. Sure, they are making more money because of more seats but RFK Rocked! (Literally since I saw several concerts there, most memorable was the Rolling Stones with Stevie Wonder opening in '72 I think.)

So if you bought anything online or somewhere, they've got you!

It sure sounds like the Redskins, although it is odd how they contacted you with you having no previous experience with season tickets. They must be getting desperate to fill those club seats.

I think they are desperate to sell any season tickets, not just club level. My name came off the last last year in 2009, but I didn't buy them for various reasons. They have since been sending emails and mailings to buy season tickets. One time they called back in May (which I sorta mentioned above) saying "If you don't want to buy them, do you know anyone who will be interested?"

Thanks for the help guys. If they were just trying to sell season tickets, then I won't worry about it. I thought there was a huge wait list for Skins season tickets?

And the reason I didn't call back was because I couldn't pinpoint the number to the Redskins. I didn't want to call someone trying to scam me or something.

Archived