Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Tailgate (at the stadium)

Tweedr01

I know its a long ways off but I am really excited, especially since it looks like the Redskins will do much better this year. I recently bought tickets to a preseason game (Bills on Friday) and the MNF Eagles game in November.

I have done a lot of reading through the tailgate threads that have been posted from each game and I have convinced my wife and friends to come to the Extremeskins tailgate as opposed to the Redskins tailgate (or AAA Tailgate, I'm not sure what it's called).

Can those who go to these tailgate parties tell me about their experience there? I read through the posts and know what kind of stuff to bring, and how to tell what is left to bring, but I was wondering more about new people coming to these, the games (beer pong :), and cornhole which I've never played before). If people recommend bringing chairs or if its more of a walk around, get to know everybody, play some beer pong :) kind of tailgate. Also, do they do this for preseason games too? Thanks very much for all the input, and again I know its a long ways off but I can't help but be antsy for it, thanks!

I never play beer pong or cornhole. I'm more the walk around and see everyone and talk about the skins. I usually bring chairs too. The younger crowd is more the beer pong cornhole group, but some of us oldies join in too.

To be honest it has gotten big enough now that it can kinda be what you want it to be. You'll be amazed at how quick you feel like you belong, and you have been there forever.

The pre-season tailgates don't really compare to the regular season. They are good, but next to an NFC East regular season matchup they just don't cut it. Now saying that, it's still a great time, and I'll be there.

*Oh yeah and as an edit, just a warning, these tailgates are extremely addictive and you might end up going to more games than you ever thought.*

There is an ES/RR Tailgate for any reason we can come up with including preseason games.

Chairs are a plus, any sort of table is a bigger plus.

I promise you that you will be hard pressed to find a more welcoming crowd anywhere not just at FedEx Field.

The best way to put it is probably this way:

Due to some unforeseen and a few foreseen circumstances we gave our ST's up this year but we are planning on buying a green parking pass for the year and making it to all of the pre-tailgate tailgates, all the ES/RR Tailgates and all the post game tailgates this year.

Keep in mind that there are a few of us that for most games eat breakfast, lunch and dinner on FedEx property :ols: The game day experience for us nutty bunch can exceed 12 hours, not including drive time.

I go to the "F DaCowboys" tailgate. Best atmosphere, incredible group of fans, the surrounding tailgates are pretty bad ass as well (She-Crab soup from PA was the bomb!) and of course the "F Da Cowboys" tailgate is legendary. I love eating a filet, while drinking that wierd/ high octane stuff the cherries were soaked in, and getting ready for the game, rain or shine.

Due to some unforeseen and a few foreseen circumstances we gave our ST's up this year but we are planning on buying a green parking pass for the year and making it to all of the pre-tailgate tailgates, all the ES/RR Tailgates and all the post game tailgates this year.

See what I was talking about??? Straight up Tailgate Junkie right here. He'd get the shakes and everything if a tailgate went off without him. ;)

I never play beer pong or cornhole. I'm more the walk around and see everyone and talk about the skins. I usually bring chairs too. The younger crowd is more the beer pong cornhole group, but some of us oldies join in too.

To be honest it has gotten big enough now that it can kinda be what you want it to be. You'll be amazed at how quick you feel like you belong, and you have been there forever.

The pre-season tailgates don't really compare to the regular season. They are good, but next to an NFC East regular season matchup they just don't cut it. Now saying that, it's still a great time, and I'll be there.

Lol, you 'oldies' are liars! My neighbor is early 40's, I played with him awhile ago at a get together, and we destroyed. The man tried to play it off like I did the work while I don't think he missed more than a handful the entire time. The man was sly, but he was really good!

I was really hoping that it would be easy to just fit right in, I'm bringing a few people (my wife being one of them), and she and one of my friends have only been to one game before, and never tailgated either. I want them to have a great time at their first tailgate and for some their first game.

So there are preseason tailgates? Fantastic!:laugh: Are there just more people that show up to the regular season/NFC East tailgates? Thanks for the quick response!

I go to the "F DaCowboys" tailgate. Best atmosphere, incredible group of fans, the surrounding tailgates are pretty bad ass as well (She-Crab soup from PA was the bomb!) and of course the "F Da Cowboys" tailgate is legendary. I love eating a filet, while drinking that wierd/ high octane stuff the cherries were soaked in, and getting ready for the game, rain or shine.

We'll have to make it a point to meet up at some point this year. The least I can do is pour you a shot of something for all your help in my AC thread.

See what I was talking about??? Straight up Tailgate Junkie right here. He'd get the shakes and everything if a tailgate went off without him. ;)

It wouldnt be a pretty sight.

So there are preseason tailgates? Fantastic!:laugh: Are there just more people that show up to the regular season/NFC East tailgates? Thanks for the quick response!

More people, more food, more booze..... just more of everything for a NFCE game.

I will all but guarantee that any Redskins fan you bring will have a great time. Just ask ryren :ols:

There is an ES/RR Tailgate for any reason we can come up with including preseason games.

Chairs are a plus, any sort of table is a bigger plus.

I promise you that you will be hard pressed to find a more welcoming crowd anywhere not just at FedEx Field.

The best way to put it is probably this way:

Keep in mind that there are a few of us that for most games eat breakfast, lunch and dinner on FedEx property :ols: The game day experience for us nutty bunch can exceed 12 hours, not including drive time.

That is awesome! Lol, this really makes me wanna get off my couch for the games I do not have tickets for....but I need to make use of the big screen or the wifey will beat me! How many hours ahead of time do you guys usually show up? I believe both games start at 8:30 and we would probably get there around 4:30 or 5:00, maybe earlier depending on traffic.

Please count me as the nutty bunch, I just never knew there was an actual extremeskins tailgate until this week. I yell and scream at my TV (although we just had a little girl so no yelling and screaming this year!), and my wife thinks I'm crazy on game day, lol. The Bills preaseason game we are going to is on a Friday night, we were planning on heading out after the game to DC for the evening, but do you think it would be better to just stay at the post game tailgate?

Is this tailgate different from the extremeskins one? If so, why are there two different tailgates from the same group of people? I'm sorry, I'm lost :D

That is awesome! Lol, this really makes me wanna get off my couch for the games I do not have tickets for....but I need to make use of the big screen or the wifey will beat me! How many hours ahead of time do you guys usually show up? I believe both games start at 8:30 and we would probably get there around 4:30 or 5:00, maybe earlier depending on traffic.

Please count me as the nutty bunch, I just never knew there was an actual extremeskins tailgate until this week. I yell and scream at my TV (although we just had a little girl so no yelling and screaming this year!), and my wife thinks I'm crazy on game day, lol. The Bills preaseason game we are going to is on a Friday night, we were planning on heading out after the game to DC for the evening, but do you think it would be better to just stay at the post game tailgate?

8:30 pm game......... hmmmm, Line will start right around 9(sih) most shooting for a 10-11 arrival.

Preseason isnt to bad to try and slide out as soon as the game is over, regular season I'd allow for a couple hours in the lot unless you just really like sitting in traffic.

:ols::ols:

That's my kinda people though! :beavisnbutthead:

I have been talking up the tailgate to all the people coming with me only based off of the comments in the tailgate threads, they are really excited. I will have one cowboy and one eagle fan with me at the preseason game though....not by choice mind you, lol, relatives and all. I really hope they get heckled all day!

How many hours ahead of time do you guys usually show up? I believe both games start at 8:30 and we would probably get there around 4:30 or 5:00, maybe earlier depending on traffic.

=

Well for an 8:30pm game some are known to arrive between 5 and 6, am. :ols::ols:

Me. I shoot for about 2 to 3 pm for an 8:30 kickoff. The "pre-tailgate" starts on the road before the gates open.

Is this tailgate different from the extremeskins one? If so, why are there two different tailgates from the same group of people? I'm sorry, I'm lost :D

There are actually a few different major tailgates hosted by members of ES. It mostly comes down to preference of location in the parking lot. You ain't gonna move MTH with a bulldozer!

I will all but guarantee that any Redskins fan you bring will have a great time. Just ask ryren :ols:

Uh-oh....what did you guys do to ryren? If you wanna abuse someone I am bringing a cowboys and eagles fan to the preseason game, and the same eagles fan to the eagles game....we have a bet going for the eagles game that whenever we score he buys drinks and I buy for him for the opposite. I really plan on him having to work at Fedex just to pay off his bar tab!

8:30 pm game......... hmmmm, Line will start right around 9(sih) most shooting for a 10-11 arrival.

Preseason isnt to bad to try and slide out as soon as the game is over, regular season I'd allow for a couple hours in the lot unless you just really like sitting in traffic.

Yeah, I've never driven to a night game so as much info as possible is great. I'm just lucky both games are so far apart or my boss might catch on!

How many hours ahead of time do you guys usually show up?

Lots open 4 hours before game time, but for one oclock games, people are there "pre-tailgating" on Redskins road at 6:00 AM (or possibly earlier). I think night games are like noon, though I've never done that (I did the 6:00 AM thing last year because Forehead gave me a ride, and that's when he went. Can't complain, though, it was fun).

Teddy runs this tailgate, and it's an awesome one. We'd love to all join together, but he's been is his spot sooo long, and he loves it so we can't get him to move. We go visit every now and again. The man is the funnel cake king.

Well for an 8:30pm game some are known to arrive between 5 and 6, am. :ols::ols:

Me. I shoot for about 2 to 3 pm for an 8:30 kickoff. The "pre-tailgate" starts on the road before the gates open.

Awesome! I do plan on driving there....however, I think my wife will be driving the truck home. I may just give her the keys as soon as I park.

There are actually a few different major tailgates hosted by members of ES. It mostly comes down to preference of location in the parking lot. You ain't gonna move MTH with a bulldozer!

I know right! Mark was in crisis mode when they started changing all the parking lots around last year. Glad it worked out for him.

Uh-oh....what did you guys do to ryren? If you wanna abuse someone I am bringing a cowboys and eagles fan to the preseason game, and the same eagles fan to the eagles game....we have a bet going for the eagles game that whenever we score he buys drinks and I buy for him for the opposite. I really plan on him having to work at Fedex just to pay off his bar tab!

All I did was bring ryren and his wife to their 1st ES tailgate. The decision to come to the other 9 that year was all on them and don't let them tell you otherwise.

Please for the love of everything holy keep the philthy fan away from "the bar" and the Grassy Knoll.

MTH? Mark the Homer? Why whats going on there? Is he the godfather of the tailgate?

Lots open 4 hours before game time, but for one oclock games, people are there "pre-tailgating" on Redskins road at 6:00 AM (or possibly earlier). I think night games are like noon, though I've never done that (I did the 6:00 AM thing last year because Forehead gave me a ride, and that's when he went. Can't complain, though, it was fun).

Oh man, well looks like I'm doing a half day on the Friday game, and half day and off the next day for Monday night game. I'm pretty positive that getting out of the game at 11:30, and then waiting in the parking lot I wouldn't even get out until 1:00AM, sound about right? Not even including driving home too!

Teddy runs this tailgate, and it's an awesome one. We'd love to all join together, but he's been is his spot sooo long, and he loves it so we can't get him to move. We go visit every now and again. The man is the funnel cake king.

Oooooooooooo funnel cake! :drool: Sorry, sorry, back to tailgate.....mmmmm but I do love funnel cake, I'm a fat kid at heart anyways.

All this tailgate talk....

I need a hand grenade, some wings, a few skewers of Crack on a stick, a piece of grilled salmon, some of that horrid crab dip that I always eat to save everyone else from and some shrimp scampi! Oh!!! and lumpia!!!! and you may as well pour me another hand grenade to wash it all down with.

Archived