Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sexual Harassment (where is the line?)

Fergasun

I don't understand this.

It's harrassment and it's of a sexual nature. How is it not sexual harrassment?

IMO I don't consider a joke of a sexual nature to be harassment. Inappropriate, but not harassment.

Our society has come to the point where ANYTHING that might offend becomes something it isn't.

Again IMO for it to b e sexual harassment, it would have to be of a physical, sexual nature like slapping her butt as she walked by, or snapping her bra-strap, or some other physical act.

A mere joke or crude comment that is offensive or unwanted doesn't rise to the level of sexual harassment IMO.

Please don't misunderstand me, it's wrong and harassment if it is asked to stop and doesn't, just like anything in the work place. It's just not sexual harassment.

I'm in the process of sexual harassment at my work (Technically sexual discrimination mostly). My coworkers are allowed to wear short shorts and T shirts, yet I get sent home if I come in anything less than "Golf attire" (Polo and Khaki's). Also when I'm working (bartender), a few times my boss has apologized to tables that they have to deal with "this ugly ass mother ****er" and not one of my hot coworkers... For that... I almost punched him/walked out.

Sexual harassment line crossed? I think so.

See I make these kinds of jokes with my friends but not with people I work with. I do think the courts got it right. If I say something to offend someone, they should say something to me about it so I have the chance to avoid offending that person again. If I continue, then report me. Dont pretend it doesnt bother you then report me to HR or try to sue me. And some people need some thicker skin. The guy didnt grab her or make advances. Dont try to get a quick pay day.

Archived