Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

anyone else have trouble ordering iphone 4?

codeorama

The AT&T servers are having problems. That's why people are having trouble through Apple - because it has to go through one step on the AT&T servers. To my knowledge they're still down, but I was able to order in person at a Radio Shack about an hour ago. The guy took my name, phone number, billing zip code, and said he'd call me with a confirmation number once the servers are back up. He said they get the actual phones on the 21st or 22nd, with release date on the 24th. Best Buy, and I think maybe Walmart are also doing preorders.

The AT&T servers are having problems. That's why people are having trouble through Apple - because it has to go through one step on the AT&T servers. To my knowledge they're still down, but I was able to order in person at a Radio Shack about an hour ago. The guy took my name, phone number, billing zip code, and said he'd call me with a confirmation number once the servers are back up. He said they get the actual phones on the 21st or 22nd, with release date on the 24th. Best Buy, and I think maybe Walmart are also doing preorders.

I went to at&ts site and had no trouble. Already received email confirmation etc...

I went to at&ts site and had no trouble. Already received email confirmation etc...

When I was on their site earlier, it was unbelievably slow, so I figured I would try it later. I'm fine with the Radio Shack route, since there is one right across the street from my work, and it seems to me to be the "road less travelled" option. I know the AT&T store will be a fustercluck on launch day, since I've been there done that with them. Here's a link about the servers:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/iphone-4-pre-orderers-overwhelm-servers-world-on-the-brink-of-e/

When I was on their site earlier, it was unbelievably slow, so I figured I would try it later. I'm fine with the Radio Shack route, since there is one right across the street from my work, and it seems to me to be the "road less travelled" option. I know the AT&T store will be a fustercluck on launch day, since I've been there done that with them. Here's a link about the servers:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/iphone-4-pre-orderers-overwhelm-servers-world-on-the-brink-of-e/

at&ts site was slow but worked. Glad you got yours too. :saber:

http://gizmodo.com/5564262/apple-iphone-4-order-security-breach-exposes-private-information?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gizmodo%2Ffull+%28Gizmodo%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Apple's iPhone 4 pre-ordering has been a total disaster, but it gets much worse: An AT&T insider claims that this iPhonecalypse may be related to "a major fraud update that went wrong." The bug is exposing AT&T users' private information.

So far there have been at least three accounted cases of mistaken identities sent by Gizmodo.com readers. This is how it happens: A customer tries to log into their AT&T account to order a new iPhone 4 upgrade. Despite entering their username and password, the AT&T system would take them to another user account. This gives access to all kinds of private information about the mistaken customer: Addresses, phone calls, and bills, along with the rest of private information, becomes exposed to random strangers.

This isn't good considering the whole iPad mess less week.

at&ts site was slow but worked. Glad you got yours too. :saber:

So do you guys think that I should go ahead and get on AT&T's site and order mine? I was going to hit AT&T in-store first thing in the morning on launch day, but for some reason I didn't even think about it being a cluster****.

Archived