Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Touchdown Jesus Statue burns to ground

USS Redskins

This is about 15 miles north of Cincinnati - the Touchdown Jesus statue is a popular local attraction... he burned down after being hit by lightning during a strong thunderstorm last night (6/14/2010). It was also known as the butter Jesus.... it was really strange looking... Was God trying to tell them something? The church is already vowing to rebuild.

The story:

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_north_cincinnati/monroe/king-of-kings-statue-destroyed-by-fire

Before

Touchdown_jesus.jpg

After

burnedjesusstatue.jpg

Yep the Notre Dame touchdown Jesus isn't on the stadium. It's on the side of the Notre Dame library....

I believe Catholics have copyrighted the name "Touchdown Jesus" so whoever is misusing the term in Ohio prepare for a lawsuit.

If you think it blasphomous to use Jesus to promote football, you obviously haven't been to south bend were football is a religious institution. I would also say you haven't seen what they do with the little plastic statues of Mary in South bend which folks used to put on the dash boards of cars.... At Notre Dame when I was there they used to put those on top of batting helmets, and sprey paint them gold.... Kind of gave one the impression of a WWI german helmet, with a religious theme... Then they would wear them to sports games.

On a positive note, I believe the name butter Jesus is open.

Archived