Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fredricksburg.com: Albert Haynesworth speaks about the 3-4, offseason workouts

#98QBKiller

He says he doesn't want to. AH didn't say he wouldn't.

You waste your time being the tweener line reader. I'll wait for the season to start.

You're not even arguing with anyone. Nobody has said that he wouldn't do it.

Be a professional. Don't complain about it. Bite your tongue. Be a teammate. Earn your paycheck. Be a man.

I expect those things from an NFL player. I guess that I just have higher standards than some.

Go ahead and discredit it now if you are so much more in the know.

Because other players and coaches have said how different this defense is from Blache's? If football were as simple as you're professing it to be, then anyone who's 300 pounds and tall could play nose tackle and defensive tackle interchangeably because they're the same thing.

as long as we are leaving the post up, my comment is that Haynesworth is kidding himself if he thinks merely being in shape is going to mean he dominates.

he doesn't know the defense and is going to be as lost as a rookie when he finally gets in here.

that means delays - we won't see the 'best' of him until Week 8 or 9.

and all that is due to his own lack of foresight.

He's one of the most dominant DTs in the NFL.

If it takes him until Week 8 or 9 to know the scheme well enough to be able to dominate, then the scheme is overly complicated.

Of course, that's not going to happen, because by Week 1 he'll be fine, tossing Tony Romo sits to pee and Felix Jones around behind the LOS, and nobody will still care about any of this.

My God, I just hope big Al comes back and tears it up so all of this ridiculous negativity from the press and fans goes away.

Go get 'em big Al. I'm rooting for you.

I don't think that anyone who wants to claim to be a Redskins fan would ever root against a Redskin.

You're not even arguing with anyone. Nobody has said that he wouldn't do it.

Be a professional. Don't complain about it. Bite your tongue. Be a teammate. Earn your paycheck. Be a man.

I expect those things from an NFL player. I guess that I just have higher standards than some.

No, you are just whining more than some.

Who cares if he tells a reporter playing NT in a 3-4 is not his first choice. As long as he isn't throwing anyone under the bus (which he isn't... go read the Fredricksburg article again and see how much praise he has for Shanahan), then I don't care.

Because other players and coaches have said how different this defense is from Blache's? If football were as simple as you're professing it to be, then anyone who's 300 pounds and tall could play nose tackle and defensive tackle interchangeably because they're the same thing.

Never said it was simple.

I said it is not the rocket science others make it out to be, and I don't think he has that much to pick up.

How much could they be implementing with the OL and DL anyway, since they can't practice any of it.

I don't think that anyone who wants to claim to be a Redskins fan would ever root against a Redskin.

Now that would totally defeat the object, and be unbecoming of ourselves. A lot of folk way too easily can't differentiate between criticism and "rooting against the team/ player/ coach etc."

The "your not a 'proper' fan if you have the gall to go against the flow and critique the B&G" argument on here always amuses the living piss out of me. I'll stand up and slam my team when it's deserved to fellow Redskins fans as much as most who deeply care about this organization; but a message board and what I'd do at a game are two COMPLETELY different things. A recent example that comes to mind for me is Larry Johnson. I openly admit I don't like the pick-up, at all; but were I to be at a game when he was out there, far from boo him or some asinine **** that would be detrimental to the team, I'd just say nothing and show a silent protest by not applauding him. Rant over, back on topic .....

I'll be REAL interested to see if we play the fat man at nose more often than not, just exactly how much effort he puts into this season.

What he's NOT saying, IMHO, is way more telling than what he actually IS saying, and stopping short of leaving anything out there that could come back to haunt him.

Hail.

No, you are just whining more than some.

Who cares if he tells a reporter playing NT in a 3-4 is not his first choice. As long as he isn't throwing anyone under the bus (which he isn't... go read the Fredricksburg article again and see how much praise he has for Shanahan), then I don't care.

I'm wondering if you know the definition of "whine" or if you can tell me what, exactly, I'm whining about. Again, I'll give you a bit.

And you can keep arguing with me about things that I'm not arguing against, such as throwing Shanahan under the bus, in order to lengthen your posts, but you're not coming off as a rocket scientist when you do.

Never said it was simple.

I said it is not the rocket science others make it out to be, and I don't think he has that much to pick up.

How much could they be implementing with the OL and DL anyway, since they can't practice any of it.

I mean, if you want to disagree with the players, coaches, and other posters who have pointed out the significant differences, then fine. Can't argue with that kind of point.

As for your question: There's a little bit more to football than being in pads.

Now that would totally defeat the object, and be unbecoming of ourselves. A lot of folk way too easily can't differentiate between criticism and "rooting against the team/ player/ coach etc."

The "your not a 'proper' fan if you have the gall to go against the flow and critique the B&G" argument on here always amuses the living piss out of me. I'll stand up and slam my team when it's deserved to fellow Redskins fans as much as most who deeply care about this organization; but a message board and what I'd do at a game are two COMPLETELY different things. A recent example that comes to mind for me is Larry Johnson. I openly admit I don't like the pick-up, at all; but were I to be at a game when he was out there, far from boo him or some asinine **** that would be detrimental to the team, I'd just say nothing and show a silent protest by not applauding him. Rant over, back on topic .....

I'll be REAL interested to see if we play the fat man at nose more often than not, just exactly how much effort he puts into this season.

What he's NOT saying, IMHO, is way more telling than what he actually IS saying, and stopping short of leaving anything out there that could come back to haunt him.

Hail.

I'm with you on the criticism vs. rooting against argument. I think that everyone here wants Haynesworth to be successful as it's to the benefit of our team, but I won't be buying his jersey.

And yes, his *****ing by omission is still *****ing nonetheless.

I think its funny how the guy cant win with some of you. No matter what he says.

Instead of reading what he actually says in the article, stuff like "I'll do what they want me to", some of you would rather argue about what hes NOT saying and stuff YOU read into it.

And im pretty sure Phil came on this site himself and said that the DL isnt changing that much in this defense. And im pretty confident it was in response to a question about how much Al is missing out on.

But again some of you would rather ignore everything the people in the actual situation are saying and read into it what you want.

Archived