Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eddie Royal anyone?

SkinsTribeVA

I wouldn't give more than a fifth for Royal but I would take him over Kelly any day....The thing is Kelly is gone anyway. We wouldn't have brought in Wade and Galloway if Kelly was going to stay. We have Moss, Thomas, Wade, Galloway.... Hagans, Armstrong, Austin, and Williams have a shot to make the team...but bring in Royal and their TC is over. Moss may get suspended which means one will make the team for 4 games and back to PS. With Davis and Cooley added in, we are stocked at that position.

Slot? Moss is there for 12 games at least. Possession? Thomas is there. He would be a #4 at best. He would never want to come here. We have 5 PB caliber targets right now. Santana can't sit. Thomas can't move down. Wade could move down but Galloway won't, so where do you put him?

The thing is Kelly is gone anyway. We wouldn't have brought in Wade and Galloway if Kelly was going to stay.

No. He's not gone. You don't bail on a WR who is entering his third year, especially not one that missed his entire rookie season to injury. He'll be a huge redzone target for McNabb this season. Wade and Galloway were brought in to compete--that's it. I doubt either even makes the team, as they have no special teams value as 4th or 5th WR's. And if someone gets injured or Moss does miss some games? Call them up, because they'll be available in FA once they get cut after Camp, and they'll know the system.

With Davis and Cooley added in, we are stocked at that position.

What? Davis and Cooley play TE. That does not make us stocked at WR, not sure where that comes from. You don't have less WR's on the roster just because TE is a strength.

Slot? Moss is there for 12 games at least.

Moss still hasn't been beaten out and relegated to the slot position yet. Unless he misses some games or gets beat in camp, he's still our #1 WR on the outside, although in Shanahan's offense that will mean little because they'll all be moving around.

Possession? Thomas is there.

Actually, I think DT is going to be our big-play guy, outside of Moss. He's got the RAC ability that no one else on the team does (except for Moss in spurts). Kelly would be the posession receiver, in my eyes. Biggest WR on the roster, best hands on the roster (besides maybe Cooley), great to move the chains and throw a jump ball to in the endzone.

We have 5 PB caliber targets right now.

Huh?? Even if you're going by recent probowls and not just last year's, we only have two: Moss and Cooley. If you're going by last year, we have none. But we all know that injury aside, Cooley is always a PB target. Moss? We don't know, its been a couple of years. Maybe under McNabb he'll have a resurgence.

Thomas can't move down.

Thomas will end up, on the depth chart, wherever the competition at training camp puts him. No one's guaranteed anything anymore. Shanahan seems excited about him though.

Wade could move down but Galloway won't, so where do you put him?

Wade and Galloway aren't even locks to make the team, not even close. Won't move down? He's 38 years old, he's got no choice. These guys know that they are in the twilight of their careers, especially Galloway. They are depth, if they are lucky enough to make the roster.

This post was so full of...I don't even know.

there's no way i would trade moss away for eddie royal, even considering the HGH thing and his age. when healthy moss is too explosive. if shanahan could find so much success with royal, i think he could really help moss find himself again.

as for the safety situation, i wrote a blog post about it today, if anyone is interested. i focused more on landry, though. you can click my banner below for a link. i'm pretty high on doughty so i would be okay with him playing a lot at Free, and i also have high hopes for kareem moore coming of age a little bit this season. it's a very thin position by any measure, though, and i would be very happy to slip atogwe into the starting lineup and have those guys fight it out behind him.

I wouldn't give more than a fifth for Royal but I would take him over Kelly any day....

The guy is 24 years old and caught 91 balls two years ago. Last year in a much reduced roll he still sparkled returning two kicks for TDs against the Chargers, and you would only give up a 5th for him??? Good thing you aren't the Skins GM.

Why is this even a thread? Is Royal on the trading block or something?

Speculation that his reduced role last season combined with McDaniels continued quest to dismantle a great offense might mean that he'd be available for the right price.

McDaniels is the HC version of Vinny Cerrato. Get rid of under 30 players like Marshall and Sheffler and acquire 34 year old Brian Dawkins :)

So, THIS is the guy that Pat Bowlen was hoping was going to come in and take up Shanahan's legacy and get back to prime time?

Don't see it happening with Tebow.

Archived