Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Jersey Collector's Thread

Mark The Homer

From the 2006 game at the Giants. It's got some nice marks here and there. It is relatively clean except for the smell, I take it that Carlos did a horrible job at covering Plax that day :pfft:.

Yeah, I like the Rogers jerseys because they are so small - size 42.
Here is my Rocky McIntosh game worn jersey against the Cowboys on November 18, 2007 in Dallas. This is my first game worn jersey and I bought it from www.josportsco.com[[/u]
I usually stay away from burgundy jerseys because the grass stains and paint transfers don't show up as well, but you have some nice markings on that jersey! And the photo matches the markings perfectly. It's hard to find jerseys that photo-match like that.

BTW, it's my understanding you can purchase photos for personal use from Getty for about $100, which may seem like a lot, but you get the original digital photo in hi res which you can then print as large as you want. Commercial use of those same photos costs significantly more.

Edited by Mark The Homer

Here is my authentic NFL helment signed by John Riggins, Art Monk, and Darrell Green. When I first got the helment I told people that one day that all three would be in the Hall of Fame in Canton, most of them laughed at me and said that would never happen.

2010-05-2312-24-20_0022.jpg

2010-05-2312-24-18_0021.jpg

2010-05-2312-24-22_0023.jpg

Edited by PatrickKB
Trying to correct photo links

Nice piece on the Riggins jersey with sig but that Mitchell and Ness is not a Mitchell and Ness...it's a knockoff.

I went to an autograph show in New Jersey 7 or 8 years ago there were 30 plus NFL players their to sign autos. The company putting on the show sold me the jersey but you had to pre order it and pick it up at the show. I called Mitchell & Ness directly and they told me about the show and that they made the jerseys of Riggins for the show and gave me the number that I needed to call to get one of the jerseys because it was a special order just for that show and that they could not sell me one directly because of the agreement with the organizer of the show. The question that I have always had was about the size when I gave it to John to sign he said that he never wore a jersey that big. So I have Mitchell & Ness that said they made the jersey and that it is exactly like he wore in the 1982 season and John Riggins himself that says he never wore a jersey that big.

Nice piece on the Riggins jersey with sig but that Mitchell and Ness is not a Mitchell and Ness...it's a knockoff.

RO - what is it about his jersey that makes you think it's a knock off?

I don't know enough about M & N jerseys to have an opinion. How accurate are M & N jerseys? I don't know.

Here is a jock tag from a game worn Riggins jersey which seems to go along with Riggo's statement that he "never wore a jersey that big."

redskinsrigginspatch010.jpg

If you look at the horizontal seam across the chest of this Superbowl XVII jersey, it is higher than the M & N jersey. The seam of the M & N jersey is too low. Of course, maybe M & N made it that way?

82903095.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=3&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54865F008DC6E23CA88FA70E322338A231923A890C31FD30307

The Jock Tag on that Riggins is missing the player name next to the year. Also it should say Nostalgia co. above the Mitchell and Ness Name. The new ones also have an NFLPA logo on the jocktag.

You are right. That jock tag is actually the same jock tag that comes on the reebok throwbacks. That's still the closest looking Riggans jersey I've seen though.

I've only got two as of now. Jansen and someone named Cecere (?)

The Jansen was the one he wore in week 17 when the Giants beat us here at FedEx.

jers1.jpg

jer2.jpg

sorry if the pix look crappy, I took them with my iphone.

I think his name was Jacque Cecere. A short term one time Redskin.

if anyone has the scratch, there is a game worn ST rookie jersey being sold at the sports memorabilia store at dulles town center. its going for $7500 but im sure you could get that down. it was his #36 jersey and was worn during one of the 2004 games against the cowboys.

pretty friggin awesome.

That would be one sweet jersey to own, no doubt. Is the jersey autographed?

I sent Mitchell & Ness an email asking about my jersey when I saw this post it took a few days but I did get an answer back and they said that it does look like one of their jerseys that they made. We had about three email back and fourth and I never got his answer the first time but I finally did and I will show his name and contact info. I will post question and answer below.

Subject:: Authenticity Question

Question:: Hello, I went to an autograph show in Edison, NJ on May 19, 2002 and purchased a John Riggins 1982 Mitchell & Ness jersey when I was their to be autographed. I was told at the time that the promotor of

the show put a special order in with your company for the jerseys, can

you please let me know if this jersey was made by your company? I have recently put photos of the jersey on a forum that I belong to and a comment was made that the jersey is a knock off and not a true Mitchell & Ness jersey. It is missing the players name next to the year and the label does not say Nostalgia Co. Thank you for your help.

Answer: Already responded, it looks to be our jersey but we do not do anything

as far as verfication of signatures.

Jerry Voithofer

Mitchell & Ness

E-Commerce

Toll: 1-866-879-6485

Direct: 1-267-765-0643

***Updated My Jersey Post***

Me too!

Yeah that was a great win vs the Cowboys (and Eagles) in 2008. I don't think the fan base had been that euphoric since the '91 season. Nice jersey.

I actually picked up a burgundy 21 jersey off eBay a few months ago - Carlos Rogers. Got it pretty cheap. It was originally from JoSports, so I got all that stuff too. Haven't taken pics of it yet.

I still don't have a Captains patch jersey yet :mad:

Edited by Mark The Homer

Bramlett? Or do you plan on turning that into a McNabb?

I'm going to keep it as Bramlet. It wouldn't be accurate for McNabb and would be hard to have customized the right way. Accuracy is a thing I like to have with jerseys, and would bug me if I didn't have the right NFL shield and jock tag.

Plus the unwritten rule of not to mess with TIs or GU jerseys.

BTW, it's my understanding you can purchase photos for personal use from Getty for about $100, which may seem like a lot, but you get the original digital photo in hi res which you can then print as large as you want. Commercial use of those same photos costs significantly more.

MTH, let me know how you can get a Getty photo for personal use. I tried and they wouldnt sell me one, there are some sweet photos on there for the L Fletcher Gamer I bought. What's another $100 after the dough I dropped on the jersey and frame!!! :D

This jersey is one of the main reasons I became a member of extremeskins.com. That's because extremeskins.com had this really cool database (a huge project dreamed up, coded, and installed by Blade and Die Hard) where you could just plug in a number and it would bring up every player in Redskins history who ever wore that jersey number. Seriously, there was no other database in the world that could do this. I had to register to use the database so, reluctantly, I registered with extremeskins, although I was already happily subscribed to the Wash-Redskins usenet newsgroup, and had been since 1999.

The extremeskins database soon was discontinued due to the merger, but about a year later somebody else had acquired the script and started a database to take its place:

http://www.redskinsdb.com/player.asp?ID=2D2021212A2D3D265F5E

Mark I completely missed this before. That little link is ****ing gold man! AWESOME! Probably the best bit of information in this entire thread!

WOO HOO!

**EDIT** Seems like it only goes from 2005 and back. Do you think there is anyway to update that? Is the owner still interested in updating it I wonder........?

Edited by Ned Flanders

Mark I completely missed this before. That little link is ****ing gold man! AWESOME! Probably the best bit of information in this entire thread!

WOO HOO!

**EDIT** Seems like it only goes from 2005 and back. Do you think there is anyway to update that? Is the owner still interested in updating it I wonder........?

That's because the owner stole the data from extremeskins.com when the database was on our site prior to the merger. It is not updated because, apparently, keeping it updated would require real work as opposed to stealing somebody else's work.

Some of the data is updated up to 2006 or 2007, but not much.

You can thank Die Hard and Blade for the data. They are the ones that put it together back in 2003, and kept it updated up to 2005 until the site merged.

We currently have a couple members who are working on collecting the data again (including the most current data) and getting it online as a search-able function. See the most recent posts in the history thread in the feedback forum.

MTH, let me know how you can get a Getty photo for personal use. I tried and they wouldnt sell me one, there are some sweet photos on there for the L Fletcher Gamer I bought. What's another $100 after the dough I dropped on the jersey and frame!!! :D

You have to contact them personally. Tell them you'd like to purchase the photo for personal use only. Tell them specifically how you'd use the image (i.e. you intend to print it, frame it, and hang it on your wall in your home). If you do that, they will sell you the original hi-res image for $150.

Another angle is to try to contact the original photographer, if he is listed. See if you can find him on google. He might have his own site, or you might be able to find his email. If so, he might sell you a print (or maybe even the digital image). An 11x14 print is generally about $75. Bigger prints are about $25 more, smaller prints are about $25 less. They are usually reluctant to sell the digital image, but sometimes they will. It won't be cheap though, although they might also sell you a dumbed down (less res) image for less.

Good luck.