Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com - Carpenter: Rams' enthusiasm 'refreshing'

c4man5282

Alex Barron was on the trading block by the Rams and no one bit. The same story as Carpenter but they were tendered differently I believe.

The Rams quit seeking a trade after the 3rd round because they were unwilling to accept anything less. Dallas couldn't even get a 7th for Carpenter but now they get an OT who can play both sides and who everyone says has legit 1st round talent. What he needs now is motivation and dedication. His biggest problems have been penalties, which have been steadily going down every year. I'm confident that removing him from that leaderless losing culture in St. Louis and putting him into a solid lockeroom with a winning franchise will help him find his motivation and dedication. There are plyers in Dallas' lockeroom that will demand he shape up and work hard. He has the talent, noone denies that. You can work on and improve his negatives. You can't teach a soft finnese LBer who doesn't like contact to suddenly be a tough guy.

This is straight up highway robbery by the Cowboys. A young OT who has started 74 games to be their backup swing tackle versus a soft contact adverse LBer with just a few starts who was nicknames Barbie by his own teammates to be a starter. Give me the experienced and talented OT every day of the week!

Time will tell, but when you trade a dud for a dud you generally wind up with a dud. :ols:

The Rams quit seeking a trade after the 3rd round because they were unwilling to accept anything less. Dallas couldn't even get a 7th for Carpenter but now they get an OT who can play both sides and who everyone says has legit 1st round talent. What he needs now is motivation and dedication. His biggest problems have been penalties, which have been steadily going down every year. I'm confident that removing him from that leaderless losing culture in St. Louis and putting him into a solid lockeroom with a winning franchise will help him find his motivation and dedication. There are plyers in Dallas' lockeroom that will demand he shape up and work hard. He has the talent, noone denies that. You can work on and improve his negatives. You can't teach a soft finnese LBer who doesn't like contact to suddenly be a tough guy.

:ols: :ols: :ols: :ols:

... wait.. wait...

:ols: :ols: :ols:

...but seriously though... bwahahahaha! :rotflmao:

New offensive lineman Alex Barron not content being backup plan

Highway robbery I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the Cowboys are forced to use Barron at LT. That would make my day...

And, I do find it funny you accuse Redskins fans of saying undervaluing the trade...and then in the same post, over-value the same trade by an obscene margin. Good work.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/18160/carpenter-rams-enthusiasm-refreshing

"Coming in here today and seeing how energetic everyone is, it's something I was not necessarily taken aback by, but it was refreshing to see that" after spending his first four seasons with an established Cowboys team, Carpenter said.

Just don't ask him to fight through any blocks.

Maybe you misunderstood.

Team A - Wants at least a 7th round pick for player A.

Team B - Will not take anything less than a 3rd round pick for player B.

Which player is more highly valued by their team?

If these players are traded straight up for each other, which team looks to be getting the better deal?

What position is more valuable to any team, OT or WLB?

It has nothing to do with the tender. It has to do with the point each team stopped considering trades. Dallas would have taken a 7th for Carp and got no takers. St. Louis wanted at least a 3rd, got no takers, and quit trying to trade him on draft day. Now they take Carp for him? Like I said, highway robbery!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, love the circular logic. So the Rams are so savvy that they are unwilling to trade their LT for anything less than a 3rd round pick. But now they are willing to trade him for Carpenter which in essence means they think he's a better player than Barron. Now are the Rams good talent evaluators because they value Barron so highly or are they bad talent evaluators because they value Carpenter even higher?

Don't take my word for it.

I think Dallas became a much better football team and St. Louis became a slightly worse football team."

This last quote is hillarious. Dallas became a much better team because they picked up a bust OT that might play their #3 swing off the bench? St. Louis became slightly worse for getting rid of the most penalized OT in the league, that happens to be terrible in pass protection and not much better in run blocking and acquiring what will be a starting OLB. He might not be a world beater there but if he is better than what was on the roster already I would say they got better.

Carpenter is "stiff"? Then why was he Dallas' nickel LB? How did he get in on 40% of Dallas' snaps? I'll agree with this writer that Barron has legitimate talent but that doesn't mean Dallas is going to make him tap into it. Carpenter was miscast in a 3-4 because he isn't a a thumper, not because he is "stiff" and can't cover. If his primary job is covering TE's and RB's, (you know, what Dallas took their "better" players off the field for) then he can be decent. Williamson specifically calls him out for not being a great pass rusher yet the two starting ILB's for Dallas at 3 and 2 sacks each. Carpenter had 2 with only two starts. The great Anthony Spencer only had 6 sacks as an OLB and only 20 more tackles despite starting every game.

I know every team hates their own busts and thinks they can get something out of another team's but Carpenter wasn't that bad, Barron was.

Edit- I also want to mention that you "scouts inc" writer loses some credibility when he says Carpenter is built like a 3-4 OLB. He is listed as the same height and a couple pounds heavier than Brooking and James.

Archived