Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark May has a point.

Art

Originally posted by RTerps2002

The 10$ thing was a joke from the beggining...This team reflects the attitude of their laid back godd old boy coach... Who gives a #uck

Everything that I've ever heard about Spurrier indicates that he HATES to lose, just LOATHES it.

We can only hope the rest of the team picks up on that attitude.

Another thing that hasn't been said is that these plays are a trademark of bad teams and that's what the Skins have been since 1992 or 1993.

What I mean is, I'll bet each year, these types of problems plague every team that is losing. This isn't just a Redskin thing. But I don't buy that the Skins were bad due to these mistakes...they made these mistakes because they were bad.

In any given game, you can look at the team who lost and tell yourself that this penalty or that dropped pass opened the floodgates and things might have been different. It's something that fans do to justify a loss. But the point is the Redskins aren't always a couple of bonehead plays away from winning...

In 1991 when our Skins ripped thru the NFL, I'd be willing to bet more than half of that was due to the crappy teams we played shooting themselves in the foot. Even though in our eyes we were untouchable that year, I'll bet a handful of teams and their fans thought they had us if it wasn't for a few plays...it's just the perception.

speedwagon20,

I think you hit upon the true difference between the teams that go the playoffs every year and often have a legit shot at the Super Bowl and the teams that are just mediocre. It is not pure talent but the ability to use that talent with a minimum of mental mistakes.

However, many would argue that mental mistakes comes from a lack of talent. For example, a less talented offensive lineman trying to get the 'edge' on his assignment might move before the snap or a slower receiver may start his move downfield before he really has the ball resulting in a drop.

Archived