Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Swap Warner Bros. DVDs for Blu-ray

MattFancy

http://www.dvd2blu.com/products.html

Saw this on Gizmodo. Seems like a pretty cool idea. You can send in the DVD of say The Departed and get the Blu-ray of The Departed for $5.

Some of the DVDs that you can trade in are:

The Departed

Any Given Sunday

Beerfest

Wedding Crashers

Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang

American History X

Blow

A Christmas Story

Dumb and Dumber

Million Dollar Baby

The Shinning

Do people really notice that big of a difference between an upconverted DVD and a blu-ray?

I mean I have my PS3 but I don't see the need to update my dvd collection for a little better resolution when I have an up convert player.

Do people really notice that big of a difference between an upconverted DVD and a blu-ray?

I mean I have my PS3 but I don't see the need to update my dvd collection for a little better resolution when I have an up convert player.

I can tell a little bit of a difference. Its not really noticable. The perfect idea for this would to find these movies used for cheap and then send them in. Like I'm sure you could go to Blockbuster or something and find some of those movies for $5-$10. So for $10-$15 you can have a brand new blu-ray.

I can tell a little bit of a difference. Its not really noticable. The perfect idea for this would to find these movies used for cheap and then send them in. Like I'm sure you could go to Blockbuster or something and find some of those movies for $5-$10. So for $10-$15 you can have a brand new blu-ray.

hmm now there is a good idea :)

I actually have one of those for Beerfest. Maybe I should send that in.

I think I bought my copy of The Fountain for $10 as well.

Some, tho, you might want to check the price. I recently bought the BluRay of Dark City for $10 from Amazon, so this is only a $5 savings.

Edit: Blazing Saddles and Beerfest cost less than $15 on BluRay according to Amazon.

Yes, there is a huge difference. For example: my wife recieved the special version of the latest Harry Potter for Christmas. It came with a normal DVD and a Blu-Ray. I was never into Blu-Ray prior to this, I thought it was not worth it. So we put one disc in the DVD player and the other in the PS3 and went back and forth between a couple of scenes. It was like night and day. The darker scenes were crystal clear on the Blu-Ray and we could not see all the detail on the DVD. It reminded me of DVD vs. VHS.

Any big movies that come out from now on such as LOTR, Pirates, Potter, etc...we will buy on Blu-Ray. If it is not a big movie, then we will probably just buy the DVD.

Also, Disney did this for free not to long ago. All that you had to do was send them the Proof of Purchase and they sent us the Blu-Rays for free.

Archived