Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Brown DL- being released

texasthunder

Alex Brown almost formally of the Bears is to be released today.

Is he worth a shot for our defensive line???

http://www.examiner.com/x-31952-Chicago-Sports-Examiner~y2010m4d1-Chicago-Bears-to-Release-DE-Alex-Brown

On Thursday, the Chicago Bears reportedly informed veteran defensive end Alex Brown that he would be released.

Brown, who will turn 31 in June, appears to be a cap casualty after the Bears brought in superstar end Julius Peppers as a free agent. The Bears were reportedly trying to deal Brown, but did not find a suitor before his roster bonus was due.

In eight years with Chicago, Brown accumulated 43.5 sacks and five interceptions. He was viewed as a strong clubhouse leader for the Bears.

dude has 5 interceptions and andre carter cant even scoop the ball up and fall into the endzone??????? still love you though andre.

i don't think this is a need, and he will probably get a better deal elsewhere.

If Andre got rid of the Imhotep mummy wrap on his hands I'm sure he would'nt struggle so much. He looks like a burn victim with all that stuff on there.

Brown should get on the first jet smoking towards Carolina.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. He was due about 5.5mil this season and the Bears didn't want to pony up since signing Peppers. He averages about 5-6 sacks a year and Carolina could really use him. Good call.

If Brown can't pull in a late round draft pick I think its fair to assume Carter may not either. Kind of a blower, I was hoping to pick up a draft pick for Carter after coming off such a good season. Oh well, I have faith that Haslett will put him in position to contribute.

Archived