Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

T-Bone Steak Dinner: Suggestions for sides?!

Die Hard

I like to do roasted baby red potatoes and asparagus covered in a blue-cheese sauce.

The roasted potatoes use olive oil, salt, parsley, etc. For the Asparagus, you steam it as usual, and then the sauce is basically just blue cheese chunks mixed with softened butter and maybe a little cream if you'd like. More blue cheese than butter. It's very, very good. The blue cheese and asparagus really throws a little bit of taste difference in there but doesn't overpower the steak. It's a nice complement, and the baby red potatoes are wonderful.

Boy that chili would make your bathroom off limits for a week after your monthly crap. Obviously your wife has her own! :ols:

She does,but I've never noticed any ill effects except from ingesting rabbit food(which I try to limit).

A large bowl of chili goes great before steaks and my digestive system remains a carnivore friendly one :)

I do get some strange reactions from the waiters at the Roadhouse though,the "uh...is someone joining ya'll" is kinda irritating

Well, I've decided I'm going to make the championship potatoe recipe (sans crab boil) and the green beans with sliced almonds and balsamic vingerette.

So, we'll see how it goes :) Thanks for all the suggestions.

And for dessert, Nutella on bread and Old Milwaukee to wash it down :ols:

I like my steak with the usual sides. I usually do garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus that has been basted with olive oil that has fresh basil in it.

Dessert: Apple Crumble. Hells yeah.

EDIT: Looks like you figured out a good meal plan. Hope it all goes well.

I have a buddy of mine that we rotate going over to each other's home and the host always prepares an *awesome* meal (and dessert). We've done this a few times already... and I've exhausted my special recipes. So time to try something new :) I have the meat taken care of -- t-bone steak with mushrooms/feta cheese... but I'm looking for suggestions on sides (and recipes, if necessary).

I'd rather not just grill a few vegetables (ie. potatoes, asparagus, corn) -- or potato/macaroni salad -- unless they're done up a little fancy.

So let's hear from this group.... what should I make to complement the meal?

how do you use the feta cheese? is it melted, still cold?

I love feta cheese

Well, I've decided I'm going to make the championship potatoe recipe (sans crab boil) and the green beans with sliced almonds and balsamic vingerette.

The problem with the Championship potatoes, as I see it, is serving them HOT. The one time I did it, I was disappointed with how hot they were. And it's hard to heat them up again just before serving because they'll burn on any surface they are touching. I suppose you could put them in a microwave.

I guess this is why twice baked potatoes were invented. You can put the mixture in the potato skins, heat them, and the skins protect the potato mixture and keep it from burning.

Anyways, tonight I'm having beef tenderloin filet and twice baked potato. The steaks were cut by me from a whole tenderloin. :) Don't have the vegetable yet. I'll probably end up with asparagus. Maybe broccoli. Red wine.

Tomorrow, my buddy is bringing a beef brisket that he is smoking today. We'll re-heat it. I'll also smoke a chicken or a turkey. Not sure about the rest. Maybe an avocado salad. Some kinda carb.

Archived