Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Business Week: Harry Reid’s Wife Suffers Broken Back, Neck in Auto Accident

GhostofSparta

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-11/harry-reid-s-wife-suffers-broken-back-neck-in-auto-accident.html

By James Rowley

March 11 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. Senate Majority Harry Reid’s wife suffered a broken neck and back in an auto accident today though her injuries are not life-threatening, his spokesman said.

Reid’s wife Landra also has a broken nose, and the couple’s daughter Lana suffered a neck injury and facial cuts, Jon Summers, a spokesman for the Nevada Democrat, said in a statement. Their vehicle was rear-ended by a semi-truck as they drove on a Washington highway, Summers said. Lana Reid’s injuries also are not life-threatening, the spokesman said.

Both were admitted to Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia, said hospital spokesman Tony Raker. Summers said both were conscious and “can feel their extremities.”

More at the link

This is not good. But, they're both alive and it sounds like the wife won't be paralyzed, so at least Senator Reid and his family have that bit of good news in this situation.

My prayers go out for them.

Hard to imagine a broken neck and back are not life threatening but obviously the fact that they are not is positive news. I don't like Harry Reid one bit but I would wish this on nobody.

I hope they are both OK and that all of this works out fine.

Archived