Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official game thread: Washington at Carolina.

Art

I thought Sultan looked pretty good running against the scrubs !

Rob Johnson actually looked pretty good.

Make Royal the starting TE for now.

Noble was suspect at best !

Didn't hear Champ's name tonight - so he obviously did his job !

Woeful was just plain awful - should have started up the Hamden Hummer in the 4th.

Special teams were frightening

Dropped balls and penalties were the order of the day.

:puke: :doh: :shoothead :thud:

Well, Mushin Muhammed beat Molden twice and Wade Davis the next time.

Ramsey was 2/6 and that looks bad, but if it wasn't for the drops by Johnson and Flemister. He's 4/6 and both drives would have continued. Ramsey had one play where he overthrew it badly, i think it may have been like his first throw though, if you want to call that an excuse.

Samuels allowed a sack I believe, think Rucker beat him, but that was mostly due to Ramsey holding the ball for about 8 seconds.

I thought Robert Royal played pretty well and looked much better than Flemister.

One of the things that disappointed me most on offense was our players inability to break simple arm tackles.

Kenny Watson looked very bad between the tackles from the little i saw from him. Unless its Betts we have out their at RB, running between the tackles will not work until we've established the passing game.

I think if we had our usual right ends and trotter, we may have played the run better. David Terrell and Fred Smoot missed some open field tackles(what else is new?) on Davis.

I didn't notice Bailey get beat or miss a tackle, dont even remember seeing him out there really.

Arrington overran a play or two and didn't get a chance to make any plays really. He ran down davis on his biggest run, the 34 yard one i believe.

Matt Bowen also overran a play, but had a back covered nicely out in the flats on a play in the redzone.

Noble was very unimpressive. Zellner was active but seemed to get dominated at the line. Jermaine Haley was decent, thats the best i can give him with our Dline's performance.

Jesse Armstead made some tackles, mostly because they were running at his side every play. He covered Davis on the very first play and got beat, which was embarrassing.

Cliff Russell and Taylor Jacobs both had catches near the first down marker where I felt they should have been able to fight and get the extra yard or so.

putting it nicely, no unit on the team was at form tonight.

special teams were awful. Terrence Wilkins had gobs of yardage in first half on returns. Morton got few yards in response. Our lifeguard kicker got off just about the worst impression of a field goal attempt I may have ever seen :laugh:

offense? Coles had a nice long play then was gone. Flemister dropped balls. Bryan Johnson dropped balls. The line allowed penetration and didn't give Canidate much room to operate. Backup linemen were dreadful and Rob Johnson spent most of the night running for his life. He had a TD called back on a holding call.

defense? Davis had 80 yards in less than a full quarter. lbs and dbs couldn't tackle anybody in the open field. the total points allowed were skewed by Carolina turnovers, 2 forced fumbles by Antonio Pierce. Without those plays the score would have been worse than 6-0 and then 13-0.

All this said, it would be very difficult to draw conclusions on what this means for a 16 game season.

A LOT of key players were absent or made only cameo appearances.

Upshaw and Trotter would have helped against the rush on D. Having Upshaw may have allowed the Skins to move Wynn inside to help stem the tide early at DT. As it was we started with Bernard Jackson, a second year UDFA starting not at DT his projected spot for 2003 but at DE!

Once he moved inside in the second quarter, I think his play looked solid enough, although Davis was gone by then.

This team may have been overconfident coming in and could just have been jacked by a prepared team that has a tough playing edge which goes back to the personality of their head coach.

Fox is known as a tough competitor and motivator. His team came out that way tonight and stuck everything that moved.

well i will just assume that the ol ball coach can get things together when i go to the Pats vs Skins game next week.

hey, no one got hurt seriosly (Coleman hurt his shoulder but I think he willbe fine he looks tough enough) so it was not as bad as it could have been.

Though probably one of ther youngest members that still clearly remembers the Gibbs era (when we sometimes looked ugly in preseason), this is only a preseaon game. Yeah we may laugh at Tom and Flow...because of their preseason premieres ,but this is clearly the preseason. In the end I was actually a little surpised by R.Johnson (though against 2nd stringers). Clearly we have a lot to learn about this team, and they have alot to prove. But this in the end is the best thing for the Skins.

............TOP 5 THINGS THAT SUCKED IN THIS GAME....................

#5- The radio announcer mentioning M. Vick after J. Dilholes run for a first down.

#4- the replacemnet kicker should stick to lifeguarding and surfing.

#3- the 3 dropped passes ramsey threw.

#2- 2 plays before the delay of game, the announcer mentioned how quick rob is in and out of the huddle wasting no time and making obvious verteran decisions.

#1- last and most distressing the over/under was 38.5.

this was a predicted offensive shootout....where's the training camp offense we've bragged about all week.......

good luck giants...you play'm next week......

as for the patriots..look out spurrier might be mad......

:finger: :doh: :shoothead :( :thud: :cuss: :stupid: :wtf: :crap:

OK- I've gone through 13 of the 30+ pages here, without seeing the game, and this is what I've gathered: this is the first game. Remeber what Spurrier said...'we want to peak in the first regular season game, not the first preseason one.' This holds a lot of water. The skins were not a first quarter team last year, on both sides of the ball. If Ramsey showed an inkling of ability in his limited time on the field, after the hours of hype and anxious nerves, then I am impressed! One big pass to me, shows a great deal of potential this season.

And we had some turnovers? That's great. THe defense will gel...not on the first game.

So, everybody keep your heads up! WE're skins fans, and our team really needs us. Maybe Redskin football would be better if we just showed a little faith.

;)

Archived