Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Al Harris' Road to Recovery

PokerPacker

Al Harris suffered quite the knee injury in the 2009 season, and he's decided he's gonna chronicle his recovery with videos so people can see what NFL players have to go through in rehab to get back into playing shape. Here's part 1.

Cf5mlpYlxb0

Part 2:

kmt8bR2_muA

Part 3

9HWH4c91FJ0

Part 4

QK1WsWqpTc4

Part 5

AxBgzc7ATkY

Part 6

22Lyb0oi6xo

Part 7

eHjQgVc50UQ

Part 8

UMXVxy2IDsU

part 9

DdsDJERfiq4

This is cool and all, but what is even cooler is that ES can play Youtube videos in thread now. When did this start happening??
About 2 or 3 weeks ago I think.

I've sprained my MCL and broken my collarbone, and had to go through intense therapy to get back into sports, and the whole process is extremely grueling.

Not quite as bad as what happened to Harris and what he's going through though.

Is it just me or is that CJ guy's foot swelled up like a balloon?

That's not just you :)

Thanks for posting the video. I'm working on putting together content for my professional website relaunch soon.... and this video is perfect.

Patients just don't have an appreciation for rehab.... and the effort and commitment it takes to complete it. Treatment can and most likely *will* be uncomfortable at times.... that's just part of the process. Sometimes the cure hurts more than the original problem :)

Athletes are strong-minded and have a goal to return to something. The average patient simply wants no pain "period" -- and if treatment is painful, they complain that they don't want to pay money to be tortured.

That's why therapists love to work with athletes.... over the general population. Better patients.

Athletes are strong-minded and have a goal to return to something. The average patient simply wants no pain "period" -- and if treatment is painful, they complain that they don't want to pay money to be tortured.

That's why therapists love to work with athletes.... over the general population. Better patients.

This is dead on.

My mom was in a head on car accident caused by a drunk driver, leaving her right hand and wrist pretty busted up, requiring several surgeries just to get things back in place properly. For her, rehab was a terrible chore, and she just wanted it to be done and over with simply to the point that she could write her own checks, type on a computer, and get back to doing other basic tasks. Now, a few years later, she can't play tennis and it's a struggle to pick up golf, among other more complex activities, and she deeply regrets not pushing her therapy harder, but at the time she just didn't understand the final reward for putting herself through the pain.

Therapy sucks and there are a lot of times where you'll feel like you're only taking baby steps compared to how you used to be, and how you wish you still were, but athletes are used to having the patience required to push through it all and reach that final goal.

• 2 weeks later...
Well you know what I mean. The first video says he's got about 90 degree bend like 6 weeks. 3 weeks in and I got 135, plus the scar he has is much bigger than mine.

Well yeah, his is definitely worse. His was VERY bad (as mentioned in the first video, one of the worst the rehab center's ever seen).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived