Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BPF: Rey Maualuga Arrested for DUI

#98QBKiller

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/01/29/rey-maualuga-arrested-for-dui/

Rey Maualuga Arrested for DUI

Rey Maualuga allegedly crashed his car last night and was arrested for driving under the influence in Covington, KY, a suburb of Cincinnati, according to multiple news reports.

Maualuga has been charged with drunken driving and careless driving and is scheduled to appear in court Friday.

Normally, this wouldn't be that huge a problem -- particularly given the Bengals' history with breaking the law -- but there are mitigating factors. For starters, the Kentucky Post reports that Maualuga was " ... driving with two passengers in the car, a juvenile female and 18-year-old Chelsea Fauver" and that the Pontiac Sunfire in which he was driving was "totaled."

Sunfire jokes aside, there's nothing amusing about cruising around intoxicated with minors in the car. Additionally, these is the Bengals we're talking about here. The last thing the organization needs is bad press, especially after doing a good job of cleaning up its off-field image in recent years and playing some inspired football on the field last season, winning the AFC North and making the playoffs for the first time since 2005.

Why did he have an 18 year old and a < 18 in his car? I'm assuming they were also intoxicated if he was the one driving. Glad we passed on that guy, without knowing all the facts he sounds like a creep.

2 + 2= HER car. Dude you got that much money and you pimping underage chicks and driving her Sunfire, fer real?

I saw it was a Sunfire which is a teenage girl car, then I realized that there were teenage girls in the car lol.

I saw Chelsea Fauver on Facebook. I don't know which of the two girls in the photo is her, but my assumption is that they know Rey somehow (lots of girls sneak into clubs or hell, maybe internet) from being out and he was driving one of the girls' car. I assume the other girl is a friend of this Chelsea and might be 17.

Archived