Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You be Happy with this Redskins Draft?

3 Rings

Obviously we are pre-senior bowls, combines, workouts, f/a, compensatory picks, etc. However, with what we know now, and assuming we do not trade down...would you be happy with the following draft?

Rd 1 (4) - Sam Bradford QB OU

Rd 2 (36) - Bruce Campbell OT MD

Rd 4 (99) - Dexter Mccluster, RB Miss

Rd 5 (131) - Mike Pouncey, OG Fla

I am gathering some info by reading the boards here and doing my own scouting, etc for www.drafttek.com.

Though I know some don't feel Bradford is the answer, some don't feel we need to draft QB at all. I'm curious what the fans would think of these first four draft picks.

(my personal opinion is that, if we take Bradford we will trade down to do so)

Let me know what you think. The full 5-round mock draft is at www.drafttek.com Hail.

Bradford will slide into the 2nd.

Campbell will probably be gone by the 36th pick.

Lineman in the later rounds are for depth, not starters.

This is something I am very interested in...if the Skins don't take Bradford, and the Browns take Claussen, where exactly would Bradford land?

I would still prefer that we trade down with SF ultimately and get the two number ones. The Skins lack a third and could really use some addtional picks possibly trading down again with one of the ones and getting some help here on the OL. The team needs starters on OL, not a project QB in the first round.

This is something I am very interested in...if the Skins don't take Bradford, and the Browns take Claussen, where exactly would Bradford land?

Well I don't see anyone taking a QB after the 14th pick in the 1st round.

So if a QB is still available he'll probably still be there in the 2nd round.

I would still prefer that we trade down with SF ultimately and get the two number ones. The Skins lack a third and could really use some addtional picks possibly trading down again with one of the ones and getting some help here on the OL. The team needs starters on OL, not a project QB in the first round.

I can see myself agreeing with you on the trading down aspect. (Though I can't really project it for the website) I would love to see the Skins trade down with San Fran and still get their guy.

I think Bradford goes top 10, whether we take him or not. The teams drafting after us are as follows...

Kansas City, Seattle, Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, and Jacksonville.

Seattle, Oakland, Buffalo, and Jacksonville could all be in the market for a QB as well as Cleveland, like you mentioned.

Well I don't see anyone taking a QB after the 14th pick in the 1st round.

So if a QB is still available he'll probably still be there in the 2nd round.

If the Rams take Suh I don't see Bradford getting by them at the top of round 2. My only point is that the Redskins wouldnt have a crack at him if they took Okung, Adams, et al in rd 1.

I think the 49ers stay with Alex Smith next year.

I highly doubt they'll draft another 1st round QB when they have one on the roster that put out decent production in 09.

From what I hear and read, San Fran is looking to upgrade their defensive interior and secondary, along with their o-line. I think you may be right here.

Walterfootball.com has Clausen going #1 and Bradford #4 to us in their latest mock that was updated 3 days ago.

And with teams like Seattle, Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, and Jacksonville all drafting in the top 10 I just don't see how Bradford slips out of the top 10, much less the 1st round altogether.

Bradford will slide into the 2nd.

Then there must be a heck of a lot of teams gona' be trading out the first huh?

No. I would hate it. No need for a QB. We need more LTs. Maybe a backup C. Draft fat boys. Redskins had a dominate line with no QB with the Hogs.

So we need to re-create the greatest offensive line in league history, through 5 picks, (because THAT's happened league wide since); and neglect the most important position on the team because there's "no need for a QB", it's ALL on the line.

I've not played Madden for a long time, but if I ever do get bored and put it on, can I play you?

Oh, and in answer to the OP, I'd be very happy with that scenario. :)

Hail.

Obviously we are pre-senior bowls, combines, workouts, f/a, compensatory picks, etc. However, with what we know now, and assuming we do not trade down...would you be happy with the following draft?

Rd 1 (4) - Sam Bradford QB OU

Rd 2 (36) - Bruce Campbell OT MD

Rd 4 (99) - Dexter Mccluster, RB Miss

Rd 5 (131) - Mike Pouncey, OG Fla

Let me know what you think. The full 5-round mock draft is at www.drafttek.com Hail.

I would love it! Especially the Bradford, or any QB really except Snead, and the Dexter McCluster pick. Bruce Campbell is a "workout warrior", so he's very hard to guage as to how much skill he actually possesses compared to just physical strength...in Shanahan's run blocking schemes you're not expected to overpower guys but to out-maneuver them. Can Campbell do that is my big question.

I LOVE Draft Tek because of the way they add the scouting into the needs of teams and give you a good idea of possible scenarios too later on once trades happen prior to the draft and during. Anything along these lines of a QB, speed RB, and OL with maybe a LB is a good draft in my opinion.

We're not getting Bruce Campbell. He's a mid-1st rounder. And trading down for Bradford will not work; Seattle will definitely get him 2 picks later.

Agreed.

Walterfootball.com has Campbell going to Oakland at #8 overall. And in their last mock they had him going #6. He simply is not a 2nd round pick.

Archived