Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You be Happy with this Redskins Draft?

3 Rings

We need a starting OT like Okung a lot more than we need a QB in the 1st round. You build a line an the offense will start performing, look what JC did with what he had this year. We have a real coach now who understands that you have to have an OL. With all the QB's coming out take one in the second round, IMHO there is no way that Bradford, Claussen, Tebow, McCoy and Snead are all gone by the time we pick in round 2.

I wonder what the over under is on how many people will create their own draft wish thread.

There will be dozens of "my Skins mock draft" threads. Which is fine.

What gets silly is when a mock includes a pick in the 3rd round when we don't have one. Or when a mock has us taking a player in the 4th round that is universally regarded as a 2nd round pick.

When creating a mock you should consult a popular mock site like walterfootball.com or nfldraftcountdown.com, and only pick players who are available AFTER our pick in each round. Otherwise the thread ends up littered with replies stating things like "player x won't make it out of the 2nd round."

However, with what we know now, and assuming we do not trade down...would you be happy with the following draft?

Rd 1 (4) - Sam Bradford QB OU

Rd 2 (36) - Bruce Campbell OT MD

Rd 4 (99) - Dexter Mccluster, RB Miss

Rd 5 (131) - Mike Pouncey, OG Fla

Let me know what you think. The full 5-round mock draft is at www.drafttek.com Hail.

Rd 1 (4) Okung

Rd 2 (36) OT I don't think Campbell will be available but maybe: Jason Fox OT the U

Rd 4 (99) QB Colt McCoy (i don't think he drops this far) or Jarrett Brown, QB WVU

Rd 5 (131) DeMarco Murray RB OU

Redskins had a dominate line with no QB with the Hogs.

As has been said repeatedly, this is a lie. People confuse "small window of good play" with a QB not being good. Many of our picks on O-line were late round or UDFA, so you'd be wrong on how to build that line, one would think.

Rypien was a gifted passer and one of the most accurate deep ball passers of all-time.

Theismann had a late career start (which means a quicker physical decline) but he was excellent for a time.

Doug Williams was catching lightning in a bottle. He had moments in his career and promptly fell back to Earth in 88/89.

ANd honestly, the Skins didn't compete deep enough in the playoffs for my taste during that era. If we had drafted Marino, I'm thinkin we would have had quite a bit of success, moreso even than what we did.

ANd honestly, the Skins didn't compete deep enough in the playoffs for my taste during that era. If we had drafted Marino, I'm thinkin we would have had quite a bit of success, moreso even than what we did.

Without a doubt. One thing Gibbs 1.0 did having missing was a consistent starting QB throughout the entirety of Gibbs' tenure. While we all love the things Rypien, Williams, and Theisman did for us, I think of what Marino could have done with the great offensive line and receivers we had, and I drool.

Sometimes I wonder .. what if Miami stopped us on that 4th down?

No, Skins first pick should be the monster OT from OU.

We also need a true FS so Landry can move back to SS.

Then we may need another OT depending upon Samuels return.

Then perhaps a guard if the coaches are not confident in Williams.

No HOGS = No running game and no protection and no playoffs.

Pick up a running back in the latter rounds.

Obviously we are pre-senior bowls, combines, workouts, f/a, compensatory picks, etc. However, with what we know now, and assuming we do not trade down...would you be happy with the following draft?

Rd 1 (4) - Sam Bradford QB OU

Rd 2 (36) - Bruce Campbell OT MD

Rd 4 (99) - Dexter Mccluster, RB Miss

Rd 5 (131) - Mike Pouncey, OG Fla

No, tackle in the first round. No QB's this year.

To be honest I'd prefer we never draft QB's in the first round.

OP I do like your draft. For me it would be perfect if some way we can draft Okung in the 1st and Tebow in the 2nd. I think Shanny can have the second coming of Elway if we get Tebow but only if he somehow falls to us in the 2nd. Tebow is just as much a leader and has the will to win as Elway. Elway had a better arm but Tebow does not have a weak arm like some might think. And Tebow is a bigger run threat than Elway. I think we would have a franchise QB in Tebow and that would be with drafting OT in the 1st like most want.

At the moment, Bruce Campbell is likely to be the 2nd Tackle taken in the draft behind Okung. Probably a top 10-15 pick. Not a 2nd rounder. But I do like the positions addressed and where.

McCluster is being pushed back a bit with underclassmen like McKnight declaring. Should be able to get some great quality at running back in this draft.

Archived