Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Charlie Weis to be OC for Kansas City Chiefs

ixcuincle

Great signing. I bet they are kicking themselves for trading for Cassel now...Clausen could have fallen in their laps.

but if you look at it an another way.. they got Cassel with Weis who both come from the same offense in New England. They might get on the same page real quick.

Wasn't the Chiefs HC calling the plays in KC? If he was and now it's Weis's job are we seeing a Jim Zorn Part 2?

Todd Haley fired the OC, Chan Gailey just before week 1, so he had no choice but to call plays. I'm pretty sure he's excited about having Weis and picked him, unlike Zorn who had Sherman Smith forced on him.

I think that is a pretty good move, as the Chiefs run a similar offense, considering the coach and GM are from the Patriots.

Todd Haly was never with the Pats. He was the OC of the Cards in 07' and 08' and was with the Cowboys in 06' as the recievers coach.

Todd Haly was never with the Pats. He was the OC of the Cards in 07' and 08' and was with the Cowboys in 06' as the recievers coach.

yeah but now with addition of Weis.. they might be install more of the Patriots' concepts into the offense.. Maybe Cassel will thrive better with something he is more familiar with and had past success with.

Cassel was drafted in the 2005 draft, and Weis left the Pats for Notre Dame late in 2004, so they just missed each other. However, I imagine that the offense that Weis ran and what Belichick continued to run were mirror images of each other, so there is definitely going to be a quick learning curve for Cassel. I personally think he's going to be a lot more comfortable out there with Weis.

Archived