Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

10-15 plays for most starters......

NoCalMike

As I mentioned in another thread, my guess is that Spurrier will play it by ear with Ramsey. If he's continually getting harassed by the pass rush, he won't stay in too long. If the pass rush holds up but he looks like he's having timing issues, he'll stay in longer, maybe a quarter or more. If we score on the first two possessions and he's on target, he's out.

Remember that this is the first pre-season game with 3 to go. Spurrier has already stated that Ramsey will get more reps than your usual starting QB in the pre-season, but in this first game, I wouldn't expect to see him out there with the 2nd string OL too long. I would expect him to play the entire first quarter in game 2 and the entire first half in game 3. Game 4 will probably go back to the same number of reps in Game 1 for the starters. This lets them stay healthy and lets the coaching staff look at the remaining 2nd and 3rd stringers for a longer period.

Originally posted by codeorama

Does anyone hope we lose a preseason game or two so we don't hear the media comparisons from last year?

I think that splitting the preseason games will put us right on track....don't need to get all excited about the games that don't matter like many of us, myself included, and then be let down once the season rolls around. Wouldn't be bad for the players to experience defeat once or twice in the preseason either....just to keep their heads in check.

Does anyone hope we lose a preseason game or two so we don't hear the media comparisons from last year?

I don't care about wins and loses, I just care about how our 1st team looks against the opponent's 1st team. Last year, it was our 2nd and 3rd stringers that won most of those pre-season games.

I don't care if we lose all the preseason games as long as we stay healthy. The Mrs. is a Packer fan and she was wincing last night watching Farve get rattled. The Packer line has some holes and Farve should have played for one drive and sat down. If there is a player in the NFL that really doesn't need the extra preseason snaps it's him. She thought he was going to get knocked out for the season last night. I counted at least 4-5 times he got hit and a few others the defender cut him a break.

Let's all say a little prayer to the gods of football that Ramsey stays healthy or it is going to be a long agonizing season.

Ramsey will not be out there behind a line of second stringers. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he and the linemen were out there for one more series beyond the other offensive skill position players. Patrick can use the reps.

Originally posted by GGB81

I would guess that Ramsey gets the first half to himself.

CHRIST NO!!!!

You don't keep the starting QB in the game against the other team's 2nd stringers to risk get nailed and possibly even end getting up hurt by some charging 2nd string LB or DE ttrying to make a point that he should start by killing our starting QB.

Get him out after 10-15 plays

Originally posted by Skins26

I'd like to see some more of what Trung can do in a game, you think he might play a little more than that??

I think trung is gonna be one of the players we see least of over the preseason. With spurrier talkin about givin all the RBs a shot, he shouldn't be in more than those 10-15 snaps. granted this first game Betts and i think Watson too won't be playing, but that just means more snaps for the Sultan and gillespie. not to mention seein if morton can get it done on 3rd downs. With a position that packed, i don't see trung bein in all that long. anyways, we don't need any other team's safties laying him out, lets save that for our practices.

I'd personally prefer to remain as far under the media radar this year as possible...

-s

Archived