Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:Sunday night Football live chat: (The most honest statement PFT has ever written)

x96bryan10

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Was reading the Sunday night live chat and came across this and got a nice laugh out of it

I kno I kno may not have deserved its own thread but hes a few tidbits on redskins questions he answered.

8:43pm ET - Mike, what is the most surprising story of the 2009 season?

I'm surprised I haven't gotten fired yet.

The honest line was my own personal take on this statement. sorry for any confusion.

9:50pm ET - If Mangini goes, who would Holmgren consider in Cleveland?

Holmgren would want someone who has worked for him, like Marty Mornhinweg or Jim Mora or (yes) Jim Zorn.

8:39pm ET - What pick in the draft will the Redskins have?

They're tied with Chiefs at 4-12. Order will be determined by strength of schedule. Team with weaker schedule gets the higher pick. Head-to-head result (Chiefs beat Redskins) doesn't matter

My own EDIT** We have 4th pick.

8:47pm ET - Will Zorn even be allowed back on the Redskins flight home?

Yes, but he will have to fly with the luggage.

8:49pm ET - How serious is the Mike Zimmer to Redskins rumor?

I heard it a few weeks ago. Charley Casserly confirmed it today. Zimmer is a free agent after the season, but the Bengals can hold him in place until the end of February.

9:11pm ET - Mike, can you please list all the coaches you think will be fired?

Too hard to tell this year. Bills won't keep Perry Fewell. Zorn is definitely out. Mangini probably will be. Jeff Fisher could try to finagle his way out of Tennessee. Giants should fire Tom Coughlin. Jim Mora could be in trouble depending on who the G.M. is. They should clear out the front office in Detroit, but they won't.

9:12pm ET - Where do you expect to see Cowher and Shanahan next season?

Shanahan in D.C. and Cowher either in Buffalo or at CBS.

9:15pm ET - Where do you see T.O. playing next year?

Not sure yet. Four years ago, the Broncos were interested. So if Mike Shanahan goes to Washington, maybe the Redskins. It would give T.O. four games against the Eagles and Cowboys.

10:08pm ET - If Lovie Smith gets canned will Mike Shanahan be perfect for the job to get Cutler back on track?

Unless the Bears are willing to clear out Jerry Angelo and pay Shanahan $10 million per year, Shanahan is headed for D.C.

That would be an interesting combination. You would have the head coach famous for "taking the wind" on a coin toss versus taking the ball in overtime combined with the coach who presided over the worst play call in the 2009 season (the swinging gate play).

someone call 911 after hearing the rumor TO is coming to DC the shock nearly stopped my burgandy and gold heart from beating, NO NO NO a gazillion times no to Terminal Occlusion coming to DC, it would be a waste of a draft pick
If I remember right, he's only on a one year deal with Buffalo, and they have an option on another year.

Shanahan wouldn't bring T.O. over anyway. That's just Florio reeeeaaching on a random thought that went through his mind while he was typing, like he does whenever he's not fitting one of his own agendas.

someone call 911 after hearing the rumor TO is coming to DC the shock nearly stopped my burgandy and gold heart from beating, NO NO NO a gazillion times no to Terminal Occlusion coming to DC, it would be a waste of a draft pick

Plz explain why you think we would have to give up a draft pick to sign T/O, do you mean Marshall?

I for one would be horrified at the thought of signing T.O under Zorn but with a Shanahan led team I would be all for it and would imagine most of our 2010 opponents would be scared to death at the thought of defensing Cooley, Moss, Owens, Kelly, Thomas & Davis. T.O may seem like an assclown but the guy is a winner and bring an incredible work ethic and I think our young WR group would learn a lot from him.

There's no freaking way Zorn ever gets another shot at head coach.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching somewhere else. He was never fully allowed to do what he needed to to succeed here. I can totally see another team giving him a chance.

Heck, if Norv Turner can get another coaching job, I see no reason to believe that Zorn won't.

Plz explain why you think we would have to give up a draft pick to sign T/O, do you mean Marshall?

It's what we do. Name me the last FA we picked up that we DIDN'T give away at least 1 draft pick for.

I for one would be horrified at the thought of signing T.O under Zorn but with a Shanahan led team I would be all for it and would imagine most of our 2010 opponents would be scared to death at the thought of defensing Cooley, Moss, Owens, Kelly, Thomas & Davis. T.O may seem like an assclown but the guy is a winner and bring an incredible work ethic and I think our young WR group would learn a lot from him.

I'm with aussieskin on this one. There's no way we should even consider this. No more big name primadonas who are worth more 10 years ago then we will pay for them today!

If we do pick him up, your name will be synonymous with his signing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching somewhere else. He was never fully allowed to do what he needed to to succeed here. I can totally see another team giving him a chance.

Heck, if Norv Turner can get another coaching job, I see no reason to believe that Zorn won't.

Norv had ten times the success of Zorn. And Norv was already established as great offensive mind. As far as Zorn being and O-Coordinator: I guess people forget how absolutely dismal we were when he was calling plays before Lewis took over. QB's coach, offensive quality control, whatever. That's Zorn's future.

It's what we do. Name me the last FA we picked up that we DIDN'T give away at least 1 draft pick for.
Haynesworth. Hall. Dockery. Smoot. Fletcher. Carter.

In fact, your whole premise is wrong in that a FA doesn't require any draft picks to get, that's why he's a free agent in the first place. He just signs the dotted line at whichever team he chooses.

No way Holgrem hires Zorn to be the next Browns coach. That is just dumb to include him. I would seriously think about giving Mangini at least another year there. Hard to can a guy that had his team playing that well the last month.

Not sure I get the Couglin thing either. I mean, he's just a few years removed from winning a SB. I think its more that some Giants players need to go. They basically mailed in the season the last few weeks. But I wouldn't be shocked if he's fired.

And man, if Fisher were to somehow be available, I would love that. But its never gonna happen. Plus im kinda digging the Mike Shanahan, Kyle S., Zimmer, rumors.

And the TO thing is just dumb. TO isn't near the player he was 4 years ago.

Haynesworth. Hall. Dockery. Smoot. Fletcher. Carter.

In fact, your whole premise is wrong in that a FA doesn't require any draft picks to get, that's why he's a free agent in the first place. He just signs the dotted line at whichever team he chooses.

Ok...like I said, it's what WE do. But just to be clear, are you saying that RFAs don't "require" draft picks or are you just talking about UFAs? Weren't they all UFAs?

Eitherway, I wasn't looking for a debate on the subject, merely making a snide remark about our FO & how it has handled business like that over the years. But thanks for making it so...literal for me.

Norv had ten times the success of Zorn. And Norv was already established as great offensive mind. As far as Zorn being and O-Coordinator: I guess people forget how absolutely dismal we were when he was calling plays before Lewis took over. QB's coach, offensive quality control, whatever. That's Zorn's future.

I think that is awfully presumptuous seeing that there are still owners in the League like Dan Snyder & Al Davis. Like I said, I think Zorn could be better under a patient owner who gave him wiggle room for error & time to make those errors & learn from them. He was never given that here & it's impossible to see what someone is capable of when they have to deal with what Zorn had to.

I guess even though they can see each individual problem with this team (Snyder, Cerrato, even though he's gone now, still affected the season, bad OLine, etc.), people tend to forget them as soon as they look at the next problem as if they are not somehow related in any way. Zorn had his issues, for sure, but if he doesn't land another coaching job, I don't know that it won't be because he decided not to do it again & not because of his performance under a meddlesome owner who stripped him of everything short of his name on the coach's office door BECAUSE he is a meddlesome owner.

Norv is a talented offensive coordinator while Zorn is well Zorn. So putting Norv in the same class as Zorn is a little absurd.

Archived