Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gaints = Downhill?

bubbajr17

this team has had leprechaun turds in their helmets the last 2 years. they finally fell out and they are who we thought they were.
Luck? In what way have the Giants been lucky over the last 2 years? Assuming you're not counting bad luck.
They are getting blown out worse than we will today. (I hope)

I can't believe that gaggle of losers, just punked us in our house like they did.

It's all about matchups. The Giants swept the Cowboys. The Eagles swept the Giants. And the Cowboys swept the Eagles. Some teams just matchup better than others. For whatever reason, the Redskins just haven't had an answer for the Giants over the past few years.

The Giants aren't in decline, the window has not been shut, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a homer.

We still have a franchise QB, coming off his best statistical season ever. Despite fielding the worst Giants defense in forty years (and this is not just hyperbole, this is statistical fact) we still finished 8-8. Offensively we are basically set. Smith, Nicks, and Manningham will make for a fearsome trio for the foreseeable future. We still have a good core of guys on the offensive line to lean on, and a promising rookie who will be going into his second year. The rest of our offensive positional players are a collection of lunch pail guys who for the most part do their job quietly, and professionally.

As for the defense, Sheridan will be put out of his misery, or is it our misery? Lot's of changes will be made, some key guys will hopefully come back next year at 100%, and we'll likely bring in an established defensive mind to coordinate it all together. It's tough to image this unit playing anywhere near as brutal next year as they did this season.

We'll retool, not rebuild, and be right back in the thick of things next year.

;7183179']Sheridan was in wayyyyy over his head. He had the look of a lost child on his face a lot. But that will be rectified some time this week. He is definitely gone. Now it is just a wait and see game to see who the new DC for the Giants is. Dick Jauron's name has been thrown around a lot. But we'll see.
The Giants and most of their fans showed too much confidence in Sheridan filling Spags shoes, downplaying Spags contributions. For me, next to Orakpo falling to the Redskins, Spags leaving the NFCE was the next best thing of the 2009 off season.

Even with the injuries on the defensive side of the ball Spags would have been able to get more out that talented roster.

Spags appeared over his head in his new position. I however can see him picking the Rams up considerably with a year under his belt and getting some key players back from injury... Imagine a D line with Little, Carriker, Suh and Long...ouch.

The Giants and most of their fans showed too much confidence in Sheridan filling Spags shoes, downplaying Spags contributions. For me, next to Orakpo falling to the Redskins, Spags leaving the NFCE was the next best thing of the 2009 off season.

Even with the injuries on the defensive side of the ball Spags would have been able to get more out that talented roster.

Spags appeared over his head in his new position. I however can see him picking the Rams up considerably with a year under his belt and getting some key players back from injury... Imagine a D line with Little, Carriker, Suh and Long...ouch.

I actually thought Spags was the biggest loss for the Giants, too. However, I thought they loaded up on talent enough on the D to overcome any coordinator shortcomings. Unfortunately the fall off from Spags to Sheridan was much more than expected and the injury situation nullified some of the talent on the roster.

Yeah the G-men definately had some free agent busts, but imo they won't be down for long. Chris Canty was just a mistake. At 6-7 300 lbs, he can't hold up against the run full time as a DT in a 4-3. But they do have a very good D-Line, even if they let Osi go. If I were the Giants I'd target a guy like Jahvid Best in rd 2, cause Jacobs may be done. Between Best and Bradshaw, that would give them a better 1-2 combo, and they have several good young WRs. I can see them easily finishing anywhere between 1-3 next season.

Would it be a sick draft for the Rams if they drafted Suh in the 1st round and Tebow in 2nd round?

Archived