Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Travis Pastrana's World Record Jump

AsburySkinsFan

Boysetfire, it really wasn't that impressive considering some of the other things that have been accomplished in extreme sports over the past couple years. Hell they have 50 gaps in snowboard parks across the country and amatuers, including myself clear them with ease.

Have you ever seen the skateboarding mega ramp?that's impressive, have you seen motox or Pastranas double back flip?

It was so planned all pastrana needed to do was hit a certain speed and he was golden. The target audience is the crowd that doesn't pay attention to extreme sports, if you haven't seen Pastranas other stunts/tricks sure you would be impressed, which is probably 90 percent of the people that saw it.

I get what you're saying dude but it still takes some kind of guts to take a car and jump 269 feet. Hell I would've paid to have been in the passenger seat to experience something like that. The rush must've been amazing.

i think this is the kinda bs that blockbuster movies has created. we see a city bus jump 50 ft on the highway in the movie so that leads us to think that a car jumping over 250ft is nothing in real life. amazing

Exactly, and half the haters in this thread sound like they would be completely unimpressed if it was they themselves that made the jump, like they would have walked out and been like, "meh...whatever....."

i think this is the kinda bs that blockbuster movies has created. we see a city bus jump 50 ft on the highway in the movie so that leads us to think that a car jumping over 250ft is nothing in real life. amazing

Its not that I didn't think it was cool, I have seen many more stunts in real life, not the movies, that I thought was way more impressive. I can post some video links for you later.

Even Pastrana was more excited about his double back flip, compare the reactions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSNOJcRfmXY

This is just my opinion, but here are a few things that I find more impressive.

Snowmobile backflip clearing 150 feet in distance.

Danny Way clearing the Great Wall of China on a skateboard

any jump on this ramp

Metzger Backflipping the Fountains in Vegas

and anyone crazy enough to surf giant waves.

BTW, tune into Winter X in a few weeks and see the first ever double back flip on a Snowmobile, should be pretty cool.

Archived