Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IR question

duenni

I think its because they were going to miss the final game of the year and if they just put them on IR then they can sign 2 new players to the team and let them try out. Also we will get to hold the rights to the players we signed all offseason so they could be here next year.

You gotta love when a 17 year old has more common sense then a 32 yr old :hysterical:

You gotta love when a 17 year old has more common sense then a 32 yr old :hysterical:

:doh: I guess if you're going to call that one out, then someone should call out the fact that a 38 year old doesn't seem to know how to use than and then properly in a sentence.

And as Iontop said, that's football knowledge.

It has been quite a season for IR this year. Through it though we've had a few opportunities to try players in live situations.. so it has had benefits towards rebuilding I guess as well.

not even a simple question can be answered. It always has to end in a bashing!!

Man all I was asking is why bother? I mean it's only one game, and I don't think those other guys we signed will get any playing time!! Sorry for being born!

Man all I was asking is why bother? I mean it's only one game, and I don't think those other guys we signed will get any playing time!! Sorry for being born!

Never know, they might.

And yea it is just one game, but nothing is more valuable than actual game reps. Nothing you can do in practice can match what you get in the real game.

Sorry for the other guys bashing you. They may not get playing time but they will be here during the offseason so they will be trying out for a roster spot. I say it is a good move by Bruce Allen.

duenni, please ignore the chatter. You had a good question, and it turns out you got a good answer. ;)

I've been to Switzerland once and loved it! Lauterbrunnen in August was just tremendous.

HTTR!

I believe the insurance company pays the salary when a player hits IR (and it has an acid test) as NFL players are paid in 16th's. So 1/16 of their salary would be paid for by the insurance carrier. If you pay large premiums you might as well use it.

I believe the insurance company pays the salary when a player hits IR (and it has an acid test) as NFL players are paid in 16th's. So 1/16 of their salary would be paid for by the insurance carrier. If you pay large premiums you might as well use it.

If this is true (and I'm thinking it is), then there's a financial reason to put a player on IR.

I guess we all learned something here.

;)

Now, who in their right mind would be a carrier for NFL players. It has to be one of the highest on-the-job injury workplaces in the world.

If this is true (and I'm thinking it is), then there's a financial reason to put a player on IR.

;)

Now, who in their right mind would be a carrier for NFL players. It has to be one of the highest on-the-job injury workplaces in the world.

But the insurance companies also get paid high premiums. So if a player goes 16 games without getting injured then they get paid a lot for doing nothing.

;)

http://nflplayers.com/user/template.aspx?fmid=181&lmid=344&pid=0&type=l#3

The NFL Players Association apparently. CIGNA is the company they use.

Interesting thread, good question

Archived