Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Bengals-Jets on SNF instead of Eagles-Cowboys?

hail2skins

I noticed that the Philly-Dallas game next week was moved to 4:15, but I think it would've been better to have put it in the prime time slot. Is this the New York bias coming into effect? Cincy really has nothing to play for in that game.

I think this was a bad choice as well. Cincy will not play their starters since they do not get a bye week. There is no difference between the 3 or 4 seed and they will be one of those.

Prepare for a lot of tributes to Giants stadium since it will be the last game ever played there. That may have played into their decision.

Prepare for a lot of tributes to Giants stadium since it will be the last game ever played there. That may have played into their decision.

Speaking of which, the exterior of the new Giants stadium looks gawd awful. It makes the exterior of FedEx look like a candidate for a design award.

Fox and CBS can protect 1 game each week during flex scheduling(weeks 11-17), so FOX picked the Eagles Cowboys game. Leaving SNF to take the most interesting match up left.

From what I heard, nothing was protected for week 17. nbc could take any game they wanted.

I'm guessing they wanted the Cowboys-Eagles potential rematch in the wild card round and they were willing to sacrifice to get that game.

Archived