Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I Off My Rocker?

DIESEL TROLL

Originally posted by DIESEL TROLL

With Morten's speed, agility, and he can obviously catch.....would it be insane to try him at TE?

Since when did "speed, agility and an ability to catch" become the trademarks of a TE? Morton is under 6'... you don't send players under 6' across the middle where they'd get lost or pummelled.

You are crazy.. but there's still hope for you. :)

With Morten's speed, agility, and he can obviously catch.....would it be insane to try him at TE?

who is he going to block???

now what they could do is have him line up as the fullback, and then before the snap shift to a slot WR position, that would be nice but no way in hell could he line up on the line as TE he would be flatten by a LB or DE

Yea, maybe we can have him try his hand at left guard as well - I think the Tampa game should be a great time to get him some time.

Hellooooooo Dany Woeful:silly:

The FNG is heavily predicated on audibles. Having a tiny guy like Morton in at TE or even FB would severely limit the list of plays you can audible to. Besides the blocking issue, he'd never be able to get off the line of scrimmage against the big boys.

Are you kidding? And while we're at it, why don't we put Lav Coles in at DT, I mean, he's real quick and could probably get past some of those OG's right?

Even if it was on quick outs, everybody would know that Morton would be running it and that would tip the defense off to the play.

Now, I'm all for SS mixing it up and lining up some of the faster guys all over the field to create matchup problems, but not at a position where Morton, 5'8'' -- he's smaller than D. Green -- will have to contend with big linemen and might have to block them on occassion.

Originally posted by MAP16

Are you kidding? And while we're at it, why don't we put Lav Coles in at DT, I mean, he's real quick and could probably get past some of those OG's right?

Actually... wouldn't you mind seeing Coles line up as a DE for one play? At 4.2 speed... his initial burst would be unstoppable by OTs. They'd certainly have to keep a FB/RB back there to account for just him... which would free up somebody else like LaVar to come in blitzing full speed unprotected.

Hmmmm.... :)

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

This thread is right up there with ASF's "Move Rashad Bauman to safety" suggestion.

You fellas are :high: :high:

ASF???? hmm who might that be and better yet where art thou??

:shutup: :mexican: :movefast:

Archived