Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsweek: Why the Redskins Still Win Despite Losing

Awesome

I know many people who are Redskins junkies who will buy new jerseys each year and keep going to games. This site is full of them. They are part of the problem. And then they come here and complain about Snyder. It's quite frustrating to those of us who are doing our part to promote change through economic embargo.

Sure it is, it's owned by the Washington Post. Nothing but gossip, lies, and BS.

Nice dig dude! And poor people are poor because they're lazy, am I rite?!?

Politics don't belong here, you should know better.

Edit for content: The article should be sobering but just retreads what we as fans have been hearing the past 10 years. The soul of the Redskins is gone and all that remains is a husk of money.

And this my friends is also why the league could care less whether the Skins lose or win.

They make money either way because of the best fans in the league.

He's losing the fans.

If Allen can't get this mess of a franchise back in working order or Snyder doesn't change his management philosophy, we're likely done.

Too bad. I can't imagine any of those old aspects of the franchise coming back to life under Snyder - he just isn't a family-type owner. He's all about the $$$.

• 2 weeks later...

"Since 2000, he's crammed 10,000 extra seats into FedEx Field, many of them high-end luxury boxes; sold the stadium naming rights to the Memphis-based shipping company for a reported $7.6 million a year; and upped ticket prices, though the Redskins have always had the NFL's highest seat prices. Snyder's used all that extra cash to sign big-name players and coaches to record-breaking contracts, which in turn fuels more ticket sales, more merchandising, etc., etc. "Snyder took a very under-marketed asset and squeezed every last cent out of it," says Dan Kaplan, finance editor at The Sports Business Journal. "He's turned the Redskins into a cash machine. And the result is a completely soulless, corporate product."

---------------

And this my friends is why whether we hire Shanahan, Gibbs, Grimm, Allen, or Lombardi, the Redskins will never be the same. Winning has become secondary to gaining profits.

Archived