Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You have to give the Cowboys credit.

Westbrook36

Dallas simply wanted that game more. I don't think they're the better team, they were just under more pressure to win. Their December/January failures have been well documented and the future of Wade Philips and a lot of the players has been in question.

They needed that win, not just for this year's playoff hopes but also to prevent a big shakeup in the offseason. The Saints already have the top spot in the NFC pretty much locked down. With games against TB and CAR coming up I think they took the Cowgirls lightly and tried putting things on cruise control.

The loss was probably a good thing for the Saints from a playoff perspective. It lets them know that they're not invincible and that they'll need to be ready when the playoffs roll around.

Yeah, they deserve credit for keeping their season alive for the time being but if they can't beat the skins or the eagles, then they don't deserve to see the playoffs.

Michael Irvin asked the only relavant question at the moment. With all the talent they have, why don't they play like that every week? These next two weeks are the turning point for me. If they can win both games and go into the playoffs with momentum and then have a good showing, the Dec/Playoff jinx may be over. If they fold again this year, then I will be left no other alternative but to simply conclude this group of players are talented but heartless and are ultimately a collection of talented losers.

Nope. Never give any NFC East team credit for anything. My Redskins pride is upheld over any NFC East crap. I never have and never will root for anyone in our division to win a championship, let alone a playoff game. We don't get brownie points in Washington for someone else winning a championship. All we get is alot of rubbing it in our faces. I just wish for once, we were good enough that I could concentrate my efforts on rooting for us instead of rooting for other teams to beat the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys. Seems like that's my December/January. And quite frankly I'm tired of it. I know someone will have to go to the playoffs from our division and I'd rather it be the Eagles out of the 3. I'm rooting for the Packers to take one wild card and maybe one of the other teams can win out to take the other, sending the Giants and Cowboys packing for the year.

The running back was supposed to at least chip Spears both times. He didn't. Breese is lucky to be unhurt.

:doh:

Spears never stepped on the field with someone named Breese.

Spencer got two free runs at Brees because the offensive line was too busy figuring out where Ware was.

I hate the Cowboys as much as the next guy but you can't minimize their win at New Orleans. With all the pressure of the December meltdowns looming over their heads and playing the class of the NFC in their stadium, there is no way to say that Romo sits to pee, Ware and the Cowboys didn't step up.

I skimmed a few threads where people have tried to say New Orleans really isn't that good; the Skins almost beat them, etc but thats crap if you ask me. They were 13-0.....you don't get there by accident.

However, I am relatively happy the Boys won for two reasons.

1. Every year when someone from the NFC East makes the playoffs, you can rest assured that the token Skins fan response is going to be, "Yeah, but you aren't going to beat X team in the playoffs!" I guess we can now take New Orleans off the list of simply unbeatable teams.

2. If the Eagles are to win the division, they will have to win their last 3 games because their last game is at Dallas. I don't like teams that coast into the playoffs. If Dallas would have lost, we'd have clinched the NFC East with a win against San Fran and a win at home against Denver. Let em earn it on the road in Big D.

Good thread... a lot of credit has to go to Jason Garrett. He may have called his best game of the season. Typically we either run the ball or throw the ball well. Sometimes neither. We were really balanced and most of all aggressive last night. Really mixed it up well and kept attacking instead of trying to sit on the lead against an explosive team. Aside from Folk and Roy Williams everyone played well. Kevin Ogletree definitely needs more PT.

This big win means nothing of course if we can't follow it up at Fed Ex. The skins will be a tough out but I have a much better feel about THIS Boys team from a chemistry and leadership standpoint.

Good thread... a lot of credit has to go to Jason Garrett. He may have called his best game of the season.

You had to enjoy Gregg Williams' lack of adjustments as well. Jenkins (Saints DB) has gotten WORKED 3 straight weeks now.

I was reminded last night, with such clarity why it was I never thought he was anything special.

:doh:

Spears never stepped on the field with someone named Breese.

Spencer got two free runs at Brees because the offensive line was too busy figuring out where Ware was.

neither of your points are worth posting, he is probably mocking his name or perhaps tapped a key...

I was up for most of the game but I know the 1st sack was because of the RB (Thomas maybe?) went up field too far, a one-legged stripper could have ran around in that time.

neither of your points are worth posting, he is probably mocking his name or perhaps tapped a key...

I was up for most of the game but I know the 1st sack was because of the RB (Thomas maybe?) went up field too far, a one-legged stripper could have ran around in that time.

Actually what I was really making fun of was the fact that Spencer got the sacks...not Spears. I guess I was too subtle on that one for you.

Archived