Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hello, my name is nelms ...

nelms

and I'm an NFL-aholic. I set my alarm for 5am this morning so that I could get up and watch the Bucs-Jets game. Geez, I need to get a life. Did anyone else do this?

Actually, I justified this insanity for two reasons: 1) so that I could "scout" the Jets for our season opener 2) so that I wouldn't go insane waiting for our 1st preseason game next Saturday.

Tom,

I thought it was interesting that they had it on ESPN2. You'd think they would have the preseason opener on ESPN.

BTW, I think you topped me -- YOU ACTUALLY TAPED IT! (Or at least tried to tape it.)

I tried to get up this morning, but I just couldn't do it. I went to bed at 12:30 and set my alarm for 4:45 with the full intention of watching the game. I woke up at 6:15 after my alarm was mysteriously turned off, so I said screw it and went back to sleep.

I'll catch the game tonight.

I wake up every day between 4 and 5:00. No alarm necessary. Watched first half pretty closely. Listen to the rest while surfing the net. Probably do the same Monday night.

Next Saturday can't get here fast enough.

So let's hear some observations on the Jets for those who watched. I see Air Pennington did what Herm Edwards wanted and went deep to Conway and the Jets scored on their first series. Not much other than that, it appears, until they scored just before the end of the game.

Originally posted by Ax

I wake up every day between 4 and 5:00. No alarm necessary. Watched first half pretty closely. Listen to the rest while surfing the net. Probably do the same Monday night.

Next Saturday can't get here fast enough.

Amen to that!

Unfortunately I work Saturday nights. Guess I'll be warming up the ole VCR!! :D

Archived