Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Banking on Failure To Get A Higher Pick? Think Again!

polywog999

How is your financial condition today compared to a year ago  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How is your financial condition today compared to a year ago

• I'm flourishing. Much better than a year ago
    • Somewhat better.
    • Nothing's really changed. Same job. Same money in the bank.
    • Little worse.
    • Much worse.
    • It's an unmitigated disaster and I don't know how I'll survive.

You're the one who posted that idiocy...

Why don't you post another list of busted QBs instead of addressing the real issue: a completely incompetent FO...

Please go to any of the 10,000 other threads about the front office and complain about Vinnie, Zorn, Dan and whomever else you wish to discus. This thread is about the draft!

...but please do stick around. I have yet to tire of your insults and lack of football talk!

...a lot of others left the team and it is hard to judge how they did. I don't have all day to research!

Omitting '08 and '09 b/c there is still time for players to improve.

Here:

2007:

5. Dallas Sartz, LB USC

6. H.B. Blades, LB, Pittsburgh

7. Jordan Palmer, QB, Texas-El Paso

7. Tyler Ecker, TE, Michigan

Other then Blades...garbage.

2006:

6. Reed Doughty, S, North Colorado - 173rd overall

6. Kedric Golston, DT, Georgia - 196th overall

7. Kili Lefotu, OG, Arizona - 230th overall

7. Kevin Simon, ILB, Tennessee - 250th overall

Other then Doughty or Golston, nothing there.

2005, 3rd or later:

4. Manuel White, FB, UCLA (120th overall)

5. Robert McCune, ILB, Louisville (154th overall)

6. Jared Newberry, OLB, Stanford (183rd overall)

7. Nehemiah Broughton, FB, The Citadel (222nd overall)

All out of the league

2004, 3rd or later:

3. Chris Cooley, TE, Utah State - 81st overall

5. Mark Wilson, OT, California - 151st overall

6. Jim Molinaro, OT, Notre Dame - 180th overall

Neither Wilson or Molinaro amounted to anything

2003:

3. Derrick Dockery, G, Texas - 81st overall

7. Gibran Hamdan, QB, Indiana - 232nd overall

Hamdan never did anything.

2002:

5. Andre Lott, S, Tennessee

5. Robert Royal, TE, LSU

6. Reggie Coleman, T, Tennessee

7. Jeff Grau, LS, UCLA

7. Greg Scott, DE, Hampton

7. Rock Cartwright, FB, Kansas St.

What a pile of garbage, other then Rock a solid ST guy.

2000:

3. Lloyd Harrison, CB, N.C. State

4. Michael Moore, G, Troy St.

5. Quincy Sanders, S, UNLV

6. Todd Husak, QB, Stanford

7. Del Cowsette, DT, Maryland

7. Ethan Howell, WR, Oklahoma St.

More garbage.

So do tell, how many players are on other teams and doing well?

Face it. It doesn't matter what pick we have. What player we sign. We will be mediocre at best with the current FO.

Please go to any of the 10,000 other threads about the front office and complain about Vinnie, Zorn, Dan and whomever else you wish to discus. This thread is about the draft!

...but please do stick around. I have yet to tire of your insults and lack of football talk!

I am talking about the draft. I am talking about how it doesn't matter until we get someone competent running to FO...

The truth is: We win more meaningless games, Cerrato stays, cycle of crap continues. You cannot talk about the draft when you have a waterheaded retard running it.

Omitting '08 and '09 b/c there is still time for players to improve.

Here...

So do tell, how many players are on other teams and doing well?

Face it. It doesn't matter what pick we have. What player we sign. We will be mediocre at best with the current FO.

Now your are talking my game... football! This is much easier to address than put-downs. Good job on the stats, they back up your assertion that Vinnie is not good in the draft. I do not agree that He is bad, but you have made a compelling case. :cheers:

i have probably been as guilty as anyone regarding my opinion of the team's drafting ability.

i have hung my hat a little too much on guys like Doughty, Golston, Rock, etc.

getting someone in the 7th is a massive bonus, just as gambling on a guy and striking out in the 7th is not a huge issue. the problem, though, is that the team has missed so consistently in the 3-5th rounds that they are now in a position where they can no longer miss.

there is also vinny's asinine attitude that considers drafting an OL in the 7th equal to "addressing" the OL in the draft. i dont even want to think about that. it is just too insane.

they need a 2007 Giants draft to be contenders within 3 years.

no - you know what youre going to get:

a safety

a tight end

a full back

a division 25 wr

a 4'11 qb

just dont know where in the box youll find them

I agree with the notion that often times, we take too many unneeded positions. However, when you draft for need it often doesn't work out.

Unless Kevin Barnes shows up in a big way, or Tryon makes even bigger strides than he did from last year to this, I would say that we need to invest in a Corner as well. Rogers won't be back, and the rest of the guys are nickel corners who I wouldn't trust playing every down.

free agent corner. we need to see if barnes can do anything or tryon. our FA goal next year should be CB/C/G/RT. 2 of those guys, draft the rest.

we need to just draft offense next year, and tons of it. if were wasting picks on safties, DBs, tight ends, and fullbacks, im gonna vomit. oline, QB, rb = top 3 priorities.

i agree. i think i said it in another thread, but we just dont have the luxury of gambling on a defensive prospect or a defensive BPA that might fall into our laps in the 2nd round - for like 2 years.

really sucks too.

i agree. i think i said it in another thread, but we just dont have the luxury of gambling on a defensive prospect or a defensive BPA that might fall into our laps in the 2nd round - for like 2 years.

really sucks too.

no defense, we have so much defensive youth at the moment.

orakpo, horton, landry, tryon, jarmon, golston, rocky, wilson, hall. all these guys are still young. LB and CB are the only positions we'd even need to think about drafting. dline is set with depth and starters, secondary sans one CB for carlos is set, just need some LBs. few cheap role playing FA and maybe a late draft pick will do.

offense needs to be the focus. QB, RB, OL are all massive issues of need.

orakpo, horton, landry, tryon, jarmon, golston, rocky, wilson, hall. all these guys are still young. LB and CB are the only positions we'd even need to think about drafting. dline is set with depth and starters, secondary sans one CB for carlos is set, just need some LBs. few cheap role playing FA and maybe a late draft pick will do.

I would not want too many young linemen. Their needs to be a proper mix of youth and veteran leadership. I would not mind trading for a QB and taking about three OL in the draft. We also need a couple of young, hot-shot running backs.

No matter how good we are, we need to add players on defense, as well.

This draft will be a failure if we don't come away with Russell Okung and one of the road-grating guards (Iupati from Idaho or Asamoah from Illinois). Maybe Anthony Davis, if he comes out.

I do not want Trent Williams.

I would not want too many young linemen. Their needs to be a proper mix of youth and veteran leadership. I would not mind trading for a QB and taking about three OL in the draft. We also need a couple of young, hot-shot running backs.

No matter how good we are, we need to add players on defense, as well.

i truly believe we'll end up with 2 1st rounders. if we can get a guy like bradford with the first one and the best tackle available with the 2nd, im all for that. itd be amazing if we could actually trade current players for picks, something we almost never do. maybe if we had a legit GM here he could make some solid moves that make sense.

This draft will be a failure if we don't come away with Russell Okung and one of the road-grating guards (Iupati from Idaho or Asamoah from Illinois). Maybe Anthony Davis, if he comes out.

I do not want Trent Williams.

it also depends on what offense were running next year. if its a pass heavy scheme we need athletic guards, not power running guards.

all of this will make more sense come january/february.

True -- but I still have a man-crush on Okung...

lol, well at least i know that now!

to be honest im not the guy to discuss draft prospects, i usually just try to listen to as many people and read as much as i can about guys coming out as i dont watch college football. usually just from reading and listening enough you can get a pretty good feel for who seems to be a good pick. so far okung and bradford have mostly glowing reviews.

im reminded of our 2000 draft where we had picks 2 and 3. man itd be sweet to have that this year.

Archived