Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Sulfsted

RabidFan

What aspect of Football do you enjoy most?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What aspect of Football do you enjoy most?

• Offense-Running Game
    • Offense-Passing Game
    • Defense
    • Special Teams (come on, is anyone really going to choose this one?)

let's also remember that Sulfsted was a Marty pickup and what he and his line coach saw in Alex may not be what Helton wants to see, etc.......

I agree that Wilbert Brown is sticking around because of his history with Helton. Certainly, his performance last year was not a cause for a return.

I thought Loverne actually played as well and he was shipped off immediately after the season was over :)

What really shocked me was when Brown was moved from center to start at guard and he said he was very happy to be moving back to the position he thinks he plays best....................yikes!

I just can't believe anyone would argue that Sulfsted is worse than Akil Smith or Wilbert Brown based on performance to date. Those guys are still in camp. Why ditch Sulfsted? Seems to be short-sighted -- even if the Skins won't need him, wouldn't he have a little (not much) trade value at the end of camp? More than Smith or Brown? Hell, if someone wanted Loverne, someone would want him. And if something happens, God forbid, to one of the tackles, the Skins are gonna need some depth beyond Fiore and Jones.

There has to be something else to the story. Did he show up massively overweight? Did he piss on Helton's shoes?

http://sports.excite.com/news/07282003/v7346.html

CINCINNATI (AP) - The Cincinnati Bengals claimed offensive lineman Alex Sulfsted off waivers from the Washington Redskins on Monday.

Sulfsted played in 14 games, starting three, last season for the Redskins as a guard and tackle. He was drafted in 2001 by the Kansas City Chiefs.

Sulfsted played in college at Miami of Ohio.

Archived