Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone remember ExtremeMonthly (or something)?

OrangeSkin

About six or seven years ago, Om took to posting a monthly digest of sorts about the goings on at ExtremeSkins. I can't remember how long it went on for (maybe a year?) but they were really entertaining and well-written. It would be really fun to see those now. Do any of the old-timers remember what I'm talking about? And does anyone remember what it was called and where it might be found?

It was Extremeskins Weekly,then monthly. It was fun,( I was the Tailgate reporter),but as the board continued to grow,it became pretty tough work. I also tried the ES year in review,(3 parts...2005),and that was fun,but a lot of work. Same reason why I didn't do another one as above. That and believe it or not,folks would get pissed because they or their threads didn't get mentioned. Don't get me wrong,it was fun and if someone,or someone's,want to do it again,feel free.

SpringfieldSkins had the idea to revive this; he and I tried to bring it back a little while ago, but the idea never really got off the ground. I wound up switching jobs and not having as much free time, I think he wound up getting pretty busy.

Yeah that too. I think when it was all said and done,(and this is true for most of the years I've been a member),I only had a few hours a day to spend on ES and these days,that's not enough. At least not during the season or unless there's a team effort.

I don't think it would work anymore anyway, since the board is so big now. It was way more entertaining when everyone knew everyone, things were more intimate, and you were more likely to have read every post noted. Oh well.

Basically, the way it would work is to use the subscribe feature for threads that catch your eye. You don't have to agree with the thread, but if it has a good discussion going and is worthwhile for viewing, subscribe to it.

Have a few people do this, then consolidate the links into a post each week (or month)

Like I said, SS and I would have given it a shot but we wound up not having the time. If you want to try it, feel free. If people complain because you didn't include their thread, use the canned Die Hard excuse and tell them to spend their own damn time making the thread.

Archived