Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Military.com-Skins Owner Snyder Doesn't Want You to Support the Troops In His Stadium

Reaganaut

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse

http://military-entertainment.military.com/2009/11/redskins-owner-dan-snyder-doesnt-want-you-to-support-the-troops-in-his-stadium.html

Redskins Owner Dan Snyder Doesn't Want You to Support the Troops in His Stadium

November 1, 2009 by James Barber

Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder has a fundamental misunderstanding of how people like to have a good time. His incompetence has already driven Six Flags into bankruptcy and now he's trying to ruin the game day experience for 'Skins fans at FedEx Field.

Stadium security is now confiscating all cardboard signs at the gate to "protect spectators from getting injured by signs, and also to make sure that everyone can see the action."

Signs are permitted at the hundreds of other other high school, college and NFL game played every single week and I can't find reports of a single incident where someone was assaulted with or accidentally injured by a cardboard sign.

Of course, the ban could be related to Snyder's notoriously thin skin and the open criticism coming from loyal fans about his horrible, horrible team. D.C. Sports Blog has a nice selection of confiscated signs from last week's game.

click link for rest of article...:doh:

Free advice for Dan: start Colt Brennan at quarterback for the rest of the season and let the signs back in. Things can't really be any worse and the kid would at least make things interesting.[/Quote]

That definitely sounds like some informed writing. Either he is unaware of CB being on the IR, or he is unaware of how IR works. Either way, credibility is called into question. Not to mention the title...

Oh well. I guess it is to be expected.

I dislike Snyder as much as the next guy, so I guess any bad press is good press, right?

Very misleading title, not by you but by the author of the article. As far as signs go, I really don't care, they are stupid anyway, not the end othe world. I know i'd be annoyed if someone kept raising a sign in an effort to get it on tv and I was sitting behind them.

That definitely sounds like some informed writing. Either he is unaware of CB being on the IR, or he is unaware of how IR works. Either way, credibility is called into question. Not to mention the title...

Oh well. I guess it is to be expected.

I dislike Snyder as much as the next guy, so I guess any bad press is good press, right?

Military writers aren't always Pulitzer material... Probably not a Skins fan anyway. I posted this because it's such an embarassment. I keep telling myself all this will eventually lead to something good. Now it feels like "if we can't have the Redskins we love... NOBODY will..." Tear 'em down almost feels normal these days.

WOW haha I was not expecting this when I opened this thread. Gotta be a bad sign when I actually believe for a second that their may actual be a direct quote from our owner that would be that offensive. :doh:

The author is definitely jumping to conclusions here, I mean, yeah **** Snyder but to accuse him of DIRECTLY dissing the military is a bit of a low blow, lol.

Gotta agree with an above poster though, bad press = good times for Snyder haters, even if it's borderline libel. :D

This is obviously a blog written by someone who either low sports knowledge or just a low IQ. The last paragraph of the blog that you convently omitted is :

Free advice for Dan: start Colt Brennan at quarterback for the rest of the season and let the signs back in. Things can't really be any worse and the kid would at least make things interesting.

The athor clearly pays a lot of attention to football current events.

:doh:

Military writers aren't always Pulitzer material...[/Quote]

Obviously...lol.

Probably not a Skins fan anyway. I posted this because it's such an embarassment. I keep telling myself all this will eventually lead to something good. Now it feels like "if we can't have the Redskins we love... NOBODY will..." Tear 'em down almost feels normal these days.

I kind of figured that's why you posted it, and I appreciate you bringing it to attention. If articles like this one are circulating then that only goes to show you how vogue cheap shots at Snyder and the 'skins are right now, which is exactly what quite a few want.

Obviously...lol.

I kind of figured that's why you posted it, and I appreciate you bringing it to attention. If articles like this one are circulating then that only goes to show you how vogue cheap shots at Snyder and the 'skins are right now, which is exactly what quite a few want.

I've spent the last two hours going through the results of the Google News search on the name Dan Snyder. The Redskins are the laughingstock of the entire nation and are no more than a punchline these days. The low point was an article in the Philly papers where they essentially comiserated with us as fans. You know it's getting bad when Philly feels sorry for you. I hate rooting for this team these days. People will say they want the Skins to win against Atlanta, but how many people really feel that way? Everyone I talk to wants the team to lose so the owner will feel the aggravation, pain, and emptiness of having utterly failed. The phrase "has ruined the once proud franchise" is now being taken out of the sports media and into the mainstream media with people like Bob Franken writing scathing articles. My friend told me almost twenty years ago that his boss was "a Jew who makes all Jews look bad." I never realized who his boss was until he told me last year. His boss is a businessman who makes all businessmen look bad.

Archived