Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Email Roger Godell!!!

walker77

PG County police have said that the stadium is considered private property by law and the ownership can manage it in a way that they see fit.

This is not a publicly traded team therefore the public has no true say in how it is run.

Sorry to break it to you.

Well, imagine that you buy lunch at McDonalds and sit down in the franchise to eat. About midway through your lunch, an employee notices that your T-shirt says "Jim Skinner sucks". The employee then tells you that you have to leave and throws away the remainder of your meal. Obviously, you can complain to management or the corporation to get your money back and if that doesn't work, you can sue. Sure, McDonalds is a publically-traded company, but each franchise is also private property.

Sure, the Redskins tickets may say the broad-spectrum "for no reason". But once they take your money, as long as you are acting civil, not being vulgar, and there's no emergency, they can't kick you out without some recompense.

Sure, the Redskins tickets may say the broad-spectrum "for no reason". But once they take your money, as long as you are acting civil, not being vulgar, and there's no emergency, they can't kick you out without some recompense.

Unfortunately, the tickets say 'for any reason'...they can make up whatever story they want, if it came down to it.

Well, imagine that you buy lunch at McDonalds and sit down in the franchise to eat. About midway through your lunch, an employee notices that your T-shirt says "Jim Skinner sucks". The employee then tells you that you have to leave and throws away the remainder of your meal. Obviously, you can complain to management or the corporation to get your money back and if that doesn't work, you can sue. Sure, McDonalds is a publically-traded company, but each franchise is also private property.

Yes they can kick you out for any reason. Your analogy fails when you jump straight to the mcdonalds employee throwing your lunch out because of the shirt instead asking you to turn the shirt inside out. And why would you sue over a $6 combo meal?

The tickets say on them that the Redskins have the authority to kick you out for any reason they see fit. I don't agree with it but arguing against it is futile.

I was kicked out of a game because of a fight in front of me during the 5th quarter party that I had nothing to do with. It just looked like I was involved because I was trying to stop it. I explained to the security what happened but they did not want to hear it. They can remove you for any reason they see fit.

Again, WHY would the commish care about any of these things???

I know folks here are frustrated, but the NFL Commissioner isn't interested in making sure that we Skins fans are happy and have a good team. Like it or not, the security at FedEx can restrict what you are allowed to bring into the stadium and how you must conduct yourself while in the stadium. This isn't a constitutional issue, isn't an issue for the commissioner, and isn't an issue for the NFL.

People are mistaking "right" with "privilege".

We have already determined that it is private property. Buying a ticket does not give you rights. It gives you the privilege to attend the game. By attending the game, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions on said ticket. Hundreds if not thousands of businesses have this policy. I am willing to bet that 31 other NFL teams have some similar statement printed on there tickets.

People get kicked out of rock concerts, movie theatres, and football games all the time. Their rights are not infringed on, they lost their privilege to attend.

If you are banned on these boards, have hey violated your rights? No you lost your privilege.

Archived