Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Embassy autowash scratched my car (advice needed)

mad4comp

Hey guys,

So here's the whole story...

I took my car to get a wash today at Embassy Auto wash in Fairfax (on Lee Highway). Now after I got home, I noticed a huge gash on the back right part of the bumper (on the passenger side) After seeing the scratch I decided to head back to the Embassy Autowash, but the problem is, it was closed.

Now my question is what do I do from here? Should I inform my insurance company? What should I tell the Embassy guys tomorrow?

Any help would be appreciated. BTW I am intent on getting them to cover the repair costs because this is a brand new car (well like a month and a half old..and if your wondering, its a BMW 335I) and the scratch is rather deep, so I'd probably have to paint the whole car.

Thanks guys!

BTW pics will be up in the morning as it is too dark for me to take maningful pics right now.

I would be very surprised if embassy even takes the time to talk to you since you left and came back a day later... they will claim it happened at some other time.

Never hurts to try

I wouldn't hold out much hope for a complete paint job either

I worked auto claims for 3 years -you're sol.

No proof the car wash caused the damage. You can demand their insurance info and make a claim but it's a waste of your time.

You can file through your own policy but you'll have to pay your collision deductible. Most insurance companies would consider it to be 0% negligence on your part so your rates likely won't go up.

Crappy situation but it happens all the time. I've never seen a successful claim against a car wash even when the owner notices the damage at the time.

Good luck.

No chance they cover it. I work right near the Embassy in Springfield and have had several people come to me about damages that they caused. I've never had anyone tell me that Embassy even admitted fault.

You'll probably be able to get it fixed for less than your deductible so there isn't really much point in submitting it to your own insurance either. I'd go to a body shop and get a quote. If you need the number of a good (and fair) body shop near Springfield, shoot me a PM.

Sigh I was afraid of this...looks like I'd have to pony up the cash to get it done.. I am 100% sure that it happened during the wash, because I'm very careful with my car (I drive slow, park away from every other car in sight etc...)

Anyways thanks for the help guys, I'll update you guys tomorrow as to what the owner of that place tells me (and ill get some pics up)

Hey guys,

So here's the whole story...

I took my car to get a wash today at Embassy Auto wash in Fairfax (on Lee Highway). Now after I got home, I noticed a huge gash on the back right part of the bumper (on the passenger side) After seeing the scratch I decided to head back to the Embassy Autowash, but the problem is, it was closed.

Now my question is what do I do from here? Should I inform my insurance company? What should I tell the Embassy guys tomorrow?

Any help would be appreciated. BTW I am intent on getting them to cover the repair costs because this is a brand new car (well like a month and a half old..and if your wondering, its a BMW 335I) and the scratch is rather deep, so I'd probably have to paint the whole car.

Thanks guys!

BTW pics will be up in the morning as it is too dark for me to take maningful pics right now.

Wait, you bought a new beamer and you take it to a car wash?:doh:

Anyway, that sucks about what happened to your ride. But good luck getting them to fix it. Even if you do, let this be a lesson. Wash it yourself. I wouldn't trust a place like that.

Archived